Intro to kegging and kegerators

Casters wheels are needed…
Sneezles61

Looks like it has casters

As an option… I will say, the literature sure sells it as a very good unit… Not a bad price…
Sneezles61

Sorry I was just looking at the pictures

Still a good looking setup… I like the low temp potential… The tower fan… That knocks it out for the price…
Sneezles61

Great looking unit. I always thought these things were overpriced. I know building a keezer isn’t in everyone’s grand scheme but seems so much cheaper depending on what you use.

2 Likes

I would get the 2 tower system and get 3 used pin locks. Split the gas line 3 ways serve 2 and charge 1. As far as the tower fan while nice with that short of a run probably not a big deal. The base price is nice but add in all the options it creeps up. If money is not a problem fine. But you can modify it on your own later

Look around before you spring for the one from Williams. Single faucet kegorators are going for closer to $500 with the taps & towers. My Nostalgia Electric (don’t think you can find them any longer) was under $500 and I had a triple tower from my last kegorator that crapped out.

Search kegorator at Amazon or Google shopping to get an idea. You will need to change connections for units designed for commercial beer kegs of course.

Look at Craigslist and Marketplace for used too. Sometimes you can find a commercial grade kegorator from a bar/restaurant.

I have been looking around online. Used ones are hard to find, well, ones that are still working and in good shape. I have also seen new ones for less, but the reviews are not good. They seem to be cheaply made and don’t hold a consistent enough temperature. Regardless I’m going to think about it and keep looking around for awhile.

1 Like

I agree with @brewmanchu but it’s almost impossible to find a freezer right now to build one of your own. My chest freezer crapped out a couple weeks ago and I’ve been looking ever since.

1 Like

Before getting a kegorator I had an old fridge with a tap stuck through the door. Not pretty but worked. It was in the unfinished part of the cellar with my workbench and the laundry so looks didn’t count. When I decided the beer needed to be closer to the bar my wife said if your getting a kegorator make it a nice one. That one was a $1000 Beverage Aire. It was a tank. It even had a built in fan for the tower. Sadly when the compressor quit there wasn’t a replacement for it.

We found this out over the weekend. Started looking at some upright freezers online, went to store to see them in person and…nothing. The lady told us at least 2 months out. I assume people are buying them and hoarding meat.

1 Like

I found one on craigslist. A couple had been trying to order one from walmart and they both ended up ordering one so they had two. I emailed about it and got no response. I’m assuming they already found a buyer…times are hard…in first world terms.

I found this on the street today brand new towers in their boxes inside the cabinets along with all the taps and regulators

2 Likes

OMG… Now you need help to git it into yer apartment… Wife gonna be OK with that?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Wow, you are winning.

1 Like

Wow! That’s a nice setup!!! Reorganizing to make room for it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

That is almost as big as my entire kitchen

1 Like

Who needs a kitchen? Grab that setup :wink:

Seriously I would at least strip what you could find room for and sell it. Lots of us here could use some of it. No telling if the compressor works anyway.

2 Likes

OR… at least get it to yer workshop… then see whats what… (Lagering vessel for yer bottled brews)…
Sneezles61

2 Likes