If you lager a beer

10% cara amber, 20% pils, 70% dark munich. I think the last version that he really liked was something like 16-17 IBU noble hops. It was just a malt bomb to me.

I liked the one version I did with 25 IBU and if I were brewing it for myself would have hopped it more and increased the pils malt to lighten it up a bit but he wanted it heavy and malty so that’s what I did. We were trying to replicate a beer from his memory. Since we’re way off topic…I think there’s a good bit of it documented here. Brewing Doppel Bock

1 Like

I once did an ice beer, but by accident. I had just developed my first glycol system and thought what better of a beer than a lager with a nice cold crash I can do right in the conical! When I went to keg I only got about 7 gallons, which really confused me. I took the lid off my conical to find:

It was WICKED. A light lager that drank like such but was 8%.

2 Likes

I had one very cold corner in my keezer so I put a small USB powered fan intended to cool audio equipment near the top of that corner, pointing down between the kegs. Temps are much more uniform now.

Good idea…does it reduce condensation and/ or mildew?

Ah - a good topic as summer approaches. It does seem to help a little to keep the air moving. I think what helps most is not opening the keezer any more than really needed. The moisture in any warm humid air that gets inside is going to condense when it gets chilled. I think the fan / moving air tends to help move the air off the sides and to the bottom. I did also put an open weave rubber mat on the bottom of my keezer.
That has however contributed to out of sight, out of mind. The bottom gets messy if I don’t remember to drain, clean and dry it once in a while!

1 Like

I just got a small AC powered muffin fan, I am going to split off the cooling outlet on my inkbird so when it calls for cooling the fan will also run.

2 Likes