Hyperlinks not indicated

I just wrote a reply to a post that contained a hyperlink. The link works, but there is no visual indication of its presence. (Typically blue or red text) there really should be something in the css to visually indicate the presence of href anchor tags.

If there are multiple css’s in play; I’m viewing from an iPad.

Same on my PC and my iPhone. No indication of a hyperlink but they do work.

I use one of these two styles for links in my posts. It’s a little extra work (as a writer), but I get the time back as a reader if other posters do something similar.

– or –

(if there are lots of links and I want to highlight them at the bottom of the article)

/1/ http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/countertop-appliances-1/countertop-appliances-2/stand-mixer-attachments-3/-%5BKGM%5D-400565/KGM/

Just had to try the link icon.
International Space Station video (link)

ISS viewing (link)

That’s nice, but the web as a whole has had this standard user interface paradigm since the very beginning of hypertext. Violating a 20+ year ingrained interface paradigm is a bug. It’s part of the DNA of HTML & CSS.

2 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:.

[quote=“jmck, post:5, topic:7016”]
… but the web as a whole has had this standard user interface paradigm since the very beginning of hypertext. Violating a 20+ year ingrained interface paradigm is a bug.[/quote]
I agree, it is a bug.

It wasn’t the intent of my post to minimize the problem: the lack of visibility of hypertext links. I offer my approach in anticipation that others might do something similar – or that they may offer a better work-around that I can use.

Thanks for all the great feedback, guys. I’ve updated the CSS, so it should be easier to see the links now. Cheers! :beers:

1 Like

Excellent! Small change; big improvement! Thanks!

Small nit though. It doesn’t seem like the update worked on iPhone. My work PC and personal iPad all show links now, so I’m happy. I only checked the iPhone because that’s where I got the update email…

1 Like

I’m just practicing my links:

post that been inspired by this thread.

The real secret is how to do this

1 Like