HELP! 48 bottles of FLAT American Amber beer! G'ah!

My basement is cool as well, usually around 60-62 degrees during the winter months so you can either move it to a warmer place or wait 3-4 weeks before it’s carbonated. I’m new to home brewing (9 batches to date) and brewed the American Amber kit. At 4 weeks it was just fine and I thought the flavor had improved as well. I would definitely get it out of the fridge.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]You could sacrifice one bottle. Gently pour it into a soda bottle. See if you can find a single 8oz bottle. Then you can tell if they are carbonating.

In the future, fill one soda bottle with each batch.16oz or 24oz works fine. :wink: [/quote]

Nighthawk im not sharp shooting you, I am a new brewer and trying to gain some knowledge from you. I am completely lost in what you are suggesting in this tip. Could you please indulge my ignorance and elaborate?

If you fill a plastic soda bottle with primed beer and squeeze the air out, the bottle will reinflate as the beer carbonates and gives off co2.

Not sure what’s up w/the 8oz bottle tip, though…if you sacrifice a bottle to check carbonation, why not just pour a glass and drink it? :wink:

[quote=“EagleRising”][quote=“Nighthawk”]You could sacrifice one bottle. Gently pour it into a soda bottle. See if you can find a single 8oz bottle. Then you can tell if they are carbonating.

In the future, fill one soda bottle with each batch.16oz or 24oz works fine. :wink: [/quote]

Nighthawk im not sharp shooting you, I am a new brewer and trying to gain some knowledge from you. I am completely lost in what you are suggesting in this tip. Could you please indulge my ignorance and elaborate?[/quote]

I think what I was getting at is…

The bottles may be just slow to carbonate, as evident by the OP’s update that they finally did carbonate. So, take one 12oz filled beer bottle and pour it into a small 8oz plastic soda bottle to be able to observe the carbonation process, bottle becomes ridged. That way you are not opening bottle after bottle to see when they do carbonate

Obviously this would not work as well to pour a 12oz glass bottle into a 16oz plastic soda bottle.

no offense taken. Sometimes I don’t type as clearly as I think. :wink: