Heavy Metal In Your Home-Brewering

Only way. Send a sample to a water testing company. You know for sure. Like what they used to say if the water taste good its good for brewing. This does not really aplly i think. Test it. Knowledge is power

You can only figure it out once you figure out the exact source of the heavy metal

I don’t know about heavy metal in well water but older wells sometimes had iron piping. Growing up we had a hand dug and my first house had a hand dug and you could taste it. Probably wouldn’t work for brewing. But modern homes probably less of a problem. PEX plumbing is better than copper IMO

I always thought the OP was talking about brewing equipment with this post. Equipment is easy to test as there are swab tests that will tell you immediately if you have lead in soldered/ welded points.
Other than that you test you water and there are a lot of ways to do that.

Here on bonaire. Desalnated water So no heavy metals But they still use Metal water pipes The water company. Do not trust. This. So i build. A three. Filter. System. And run my brew water. Real slow true The filters Dont know if it matters. Collect. Brewwater. The evening before and let it stand over night. But for sure heavy metal. Jamming. At my house. Allways

Have you a TDS meter? (total Dissolved Solids)
Sneezles61

No i dont. And the water plant kind of vaque. About their. Water reports. They claim and say the water is good. Got. A test kit still at home what i need to send to the usa. But can not find tourist. Who are willing to take the sample with them to the usa. At the moment. Most tourist. Paranoid. Due to the tight regulations.