Got my first comp sheets back

Depends on your perspective. He’s one of those guys where you either love him, or hate him. He’s pretty far to the right. We have a lot of people on both the left and the right here, as is the case pretty much everywhere. I’ll reserve my opinion to prevent this thread from being locked.

Depends on your perspective. He’s one of those guys where you either love him, or hate him. He’s pretty far to the right. We have a lot of people on both the left and the right here, as is the case pretty much everywhere. I’ll reserve my opinion to prevent this thread from being locked.[/quote]

Wise choice. I just was just curious. He was in the news quite a bit for a while.

Good discussion here, thanks for all the kind responses. It’s a beer that needs some work, but I’m pretty happy with what I received for my $7 entry fee, and based on that I’ll be entering more.

[quote=“chinaski”]Remember, the scores reflect how well a beer conforms to a style guideline, not necessarily how well its brewed.[/quote]I would amend this to say that the scores reflect the judge’s opinion on how well the beer conforms to a guideline.

Really? I have never heard of a doctor diagnosed conditions related to this. Are you trying to establish that within your palette only you cannot pick it out in beer? Let me ask you this>> have you ever had a big buttery chardonnay that went through 100% maloactic fermentation? I can almost guarantee you not alone will taste it, rather its a flavor you cannot avoid.[/quote]

Okay let me rephrase- I’m not as sensitive to it and others. Its one of those things, as I think you mentioned, that shows up on score sheets and I just don’t taste it. Certainly everyone has different sensitivities to faults & flavors in beer.

I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing it from a caramel flavor from something like crystal 40. Fortunately a lot of the stuff you’d use a caramel-tasting malt in, allows a certain amount of diacetyl.