Foam and more Foam With No Beer

I still have a short, 12" length with a picnic cobra tap.The only problem is when there is too many kegs in the way! Mine works fine. Sneezles61

I’m surprised you still havnt opened the keg yet, it’s not going to hurt anything. We open kegs all the time and toss in hops. Line length may not be the problem. I’ve served off picnic taps and also mount at tap directly on the fitting with no line and was able to pour with very little foam. Warm lines are another problem . If you disconnect the input line and release all the pressure you can still pour the beer . Did you add sugar or keg before it was finished? Check those tubes, let the beer go flat and start over.

@brew_cat. I only used co2 to carbonate. Guess I’ve been afraid to mess with opening cap on keg, but will now. I will be checking everything. I already let it run flat, 1x but have no problems doing it again…maybe it is my gauge and co2 running low.

1 Like

I’ve been having a similar issue with foaming since installing the Cold Crash Keezer Kit (http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/kegging/tubing/draft-brewer-build-a-keezer) through the door of a full sized refrigerator. Curious to see if @Toms has had any success in solving his problem.

Occasionally, yeast sediment will clog the pickup tube. I found releasing keg pressure, then sending a blast of CO2 down the pickup tube will blow away the yeast “stone”.

Probably the same issue with a 5’ line. That length is hard to dial in and often requires a lower PSI (volume of CO2) to reduce foaming. Get a 10’ line and see if it takes care if your foaming.