Favorite session beers, IYO

I am currently enjoying Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde Summer Brew (4.3%) and it is indeed sessionable. The dry hopping with the Citra gives it a good flavor with out being overpowering.

I just picked up some of Brau Brother’s Hop Session yesterday.
Very easy drink at 4.1-4.2%, but definitely has an assertive hop presence without being overly bitter. Pretty sound job on their part appeasing the hop lovers while providing enough malt to keep it interesting (slightly biscuity with a little caramel as well).

[quote=“dsidab81”]I just picked up some of Brau Brother’s Hop Session yesterday.
Very easy drink at 4.1-4.2%, but definitely has an assertive hop presence without being overly bitter. Pretty sound job on their part appeasing the hop lovers while providing enough malt to keep it interesting (slightly biscuity with a little caramel as well).
[/quote]

wow, I am trying this beer now and it’s quite wonderful, at 4.25. Yes, hoppy, but not massively hoppy.
I would like to make this beer!
the guys at Ale Jail (on St Clair in St Paul) said they emailed the brewery and haven’t heard back yet about what hops???

anyone know?

[quote=“newbrewermel”][quote=“dsidab81”]I just picked up some of Brau Brother’s Hop Session yesterday.
[/quote]

wow, I am trying this beer now and it’s quite wonderful, at 4.25. Yes, hoppy, but not massively hoppy.
I would like to make this beer!
the guys at Ale Jail (on St Clair in St Paul) said they emailed the brewery and haven’t heard back yet about what hops???

anyone know?[/quote]

Not to threadjack but I believe I saw somewhere that it was citra, zythos and hbc 342

[quote=“dsidab81”]I just picked up some of Brau Brother’s Hop Session yesterday.
Very easy drink at 4.1-4.2%, but definitely has an assertive hop presence without being overly bitter. Pretty sound job on their part appeasing the hop lovers while providing enough malt to keep it interesting (slightly biscuity with a little caramel as well).[/quote]

I was looking for that at the store, but they were out. I have never had a bad beer from Brau Brothers yet, so i’m glad to hear that this is good. Oh well had to pick up 8-bit and Surly Bitter instead.

Brau Brothers Sheephead is a great beer also.

First off thanks for re opening my eyes to bigger is not always better, as a new brewer my next two batches are gonna be session style. One of my local favs is Alien amber ale by Sierra Blanca brewing, although it comes in @5.2%. I like grolsch and hienkien on tap as a session also

Notch Brewing in MA does nothing but session beers. I’ve had their Pilsener (4.0%) and it’s pretty good.

http://www.notchbrewing.com/

Starr Hill, here in Charlottesville, VA does a very good Pils as a Spring seasonal, it’s 4.2%.

http://www.starrhill.com/brews/brew_item/starr-pils

Breckenridge Agave Wheat

Not sure what the ABV is on sam adams boston lager, but I think that fits pretty well here.

Very easy drink at 4.1-4.2%, but definitely has an assertive hop presence without being overly bitter. Pretty sound job on their part appeasing the hop lovers while providing enough malt to keep it interesting (slightly biscuity with a little caramel as well).[/quote]

I tried to make my own Hopsession. EPIC FAIL :x
I plan on giving it a go again… but not till I can build up the courage and a solid supply of good beer.

What went wrong with the hop session?

I’ll mention Boddingtons Pub Ale, its widely available in cans and is on the BJCP list of ordinary bitters even though they list the ABV at 4.7%. I got hooked on British bitters after having one of these.

Another one that is widely available on tap and in bottles around here is Goose Island Honkers Ale, another English bitter style. The stuff is surprisingly balanced and has a nice malt character. Listed as 4.2% ABV. I regularly take the family to this one cheap steak house here in town just because they have this beer on tap. Kind of sad but there are few craft beers on tap in a small Midwestern backwater town.

Been making alot of Wit lately, but again haven,t gottin it under 4.9%.It’s about the yeast and spices that for me seem to be the quencher. Just me.

Long Trail Ale is my session beer of choice, any month of the year. It’s a civic treasure, AFAIC. It has depth and drinkability. Love it.

I just tried Brasserie Lefebvre’s Blanche de Bruxelles Manneken Pis Belgian White, and at 4.5% abv it was decent - not great, but very enjoyable.

Tetleys Light English Ale at 3.6% ABV is pretty flavorful, too! I assume this is a standard English Mild Bitter.

Murphy’s Stout comes in at 4% ABV - my son loves it.

Terrapins Easy Rider at 4.5…Really hoppy!! Really good!!

I went to mpls last weekend…Made a stop at Blue Max in Burnsville and grabbed a box full of delicious beers. My favorite was definitely Brau Brothers Hopsession! what an amazing beer! I’ve been fiendishly searching the internets for a recipe, but so far have come up empty handed!