Dry Dock Paragon Apricot

i added it last evening. At that point there was still a slow fermentation. When i opened the bucket there was approx 1 inch of krausen on surface. i added the puree - gently stirred it; quickly closed it up. woke up this morning to discover a small blow out occurred over night. i cleaned it up; sterilzied the airlock & back in business. it is still bubbling away.

i am assuming the blow out was due to

• added sugars in puree
  • less head space in bucket

am i correct that this is of no concern?

[quote=“kitzy09”]i added it last evening. At that point there was still a slow fermentation. When i opened the bucket there was approx 1 inch of krausen on surface. i added the puree - gently stirred it; quickly closed it up. woke up this morning to discover a small blow out occurred over night. i cleaned it up; sterilzied the airlock & back in business. it is still bubbling away.

i am assuming the blow out was due to

• added sugars in puree Yes, adding new sugar will increase/restart fermentation.
  • less head space in bucket Adding volume (the puree) will decrease the headspace. Increasing the chance of a blow off.

am i correct that this is of no concern? No concern.[/quote]

Relax. :wink:

So I kegged this brew last week, I always go with 12 psi over a week, never an issue. Tried it yesterday, little carb, kicked it to 15 psi, today the same deal. Kicked it to 20 psi, guess we will see about tomorrow. The slightly carbed version is actually very good, minus the lack of carb. The apricot notes are on point. I added the apricot to the base of the secondary, then the 4 ounces of apricot liquid to the keg when racking. Hopefully this thing gets a good carb, I am not out of co2, not sure what the deal is.

Carb is getting there, never had this issue with other beers. As of now a bit cloudy as well, used Irish moss like usual, guess we shall see.