Do you listen to music while brewing? If so, what?

Pandora radio and Jamey Johnson or George Jones. Can not beat old style
country when there is beer involved.

Split Lip Rayfield. Every time!

+10!

Iā€™m really with you on these - BUT, when Iā€™m feeling mellow I listen to The Band or some Levon Helm live show stuff

This is a great thread! I always have the Black Keys playing its perfect brewing music!

Louis Armstrong

Whatever I happen to be into at the time. Drive By Truckers and Dropkick Murphys are long-standing favorites. Recently, I had a nice session listening to Slobberbone and Deer Tick.

Usually I put on a Pearl Jam show (one of their ā€œofficial bootlegā€ deals, I have way too many of those). The timing is just about perfect.

If my girlfriend is co-brewing that day, weā€™ll put on a mix of newer stuff she likes. You know what? I canā€™t name it. It all kind of fades into the background. Sheā€™s more of a cataloger, gathering tons of music, and I get stuck on one thing for likeā€¦20 years. So itā€™s all PJ all the time for me if I can get away with it. :slight_smile:

Oh, and Iā€™ll go through Clem Snide kicks, too.

Yep, it is either the Current or streaming one of Slackerā€™s Alternative stations.

+10![/quote]

Iā€™d have to agree. I recently downloaded the Trampled By Turtles discography and Iā€™m in looooove. Probably going to order those CDs pretty soon here.

Seeing as how I live in the neighborhood where they grew up and got their start, add another Black Keys fan. I listen to their Pandora station, sprinkled with a little RJD2 and some of the local public radio that plays everything.

Just the iPod on shuffle. Everything from Lydia Loveless to Andy Williams to Radiohead to Blue Oyster Cult to Cut Copy,ā€¦

Nothing like boiling some wort while listening to a little Stevie Ray Vaughan , Jonny Lang , Joe bonamassa

I usually throw on a Tom Waits record

Dude. +1,000

I couldā€™ve sworn that I posted on this thread already. But yeah, Waits and old country/alt country. Old Crow Medicine Show, Hank Sr., Buck Owens, Merle Haggard.

Dude. +1,000[/quote]

Cheers Brother! So good right?! Cant get enough.

If there is a Twins or Vikings game going Iā€™ll put that on. I almost always brew on Sundays and try to time it so I can catch prairie home companion on MPR. nothing like some old timey radio programming to mellow a guy out while enjoying life.

Dude. +1,000[/quote]

Cheers Brother! So good right?! Cant get enough.[/quote]

How awesome was Bad As Me? Iā€™m still listening to Glitter and Doom like it just came out.
:cheers:

I love offsprings album smash. But their new single makes me cringe. Check it out if you havnt already

Personally Iā€™m into rock/alternative of all kinds. Beck, REM, older chili peppers, radiohead, Elliott smith, the pixies, jack white, iggy pop, the velvet underground. Along with some classics like jimi Hendrix, Jj Cale, pink Floyd, the grateful dead, and the Beatles of corse.

I like one hip hop band, and thatā€™s the roots