Diacetyl Rest Question

So I have 10 gallons of Marzen at about week 3 of fermentation. I am headed out on a trip and was going to raise the temp from 50F to 60F and leave it for a week, just for good measure. I have not checked gravity yet, but did pitch solid, healthy starters based on Mr. Malty rates (well, a little higher based on info I pulled from a class in Chicago).

Is this a legit and safe course of action?

Maybe. What’s the gravity?

WLP833 1.015 / Wyeast 2633 1.016 - just broke tradition and dry-hopped both with 7 g of Liberty.

Planning to let sit a 60F until April 10th (10 days total) and then bring back to 31F at a rate of 5 deg per day before kegging and lagering for as long as the freezer/fermenter will allow.

Bump…Bueller?

Don’t know the o.g., but that should be fine.

WLP833 1.015 / Wyeast 2633 1.016 - just broke tradition and dry-hopped both with 7 g of Liberty.

Planning to let sit a 60F until April 10th (10 days total) and then bring back to 31F at a rate of 5 deg per day before kegging and lagering for as long as the freezer/fermenter will allow.[/quote]

1.060 OG

Brewed on 3/15/12

Thanks. This only the second time I’ve brewed a lager. It is definitely still young. The WLP833 seems cleaner at this point. The Wyeast 2633 still has a little bite to it that I think may be sulphur. They will sit at 60F now until the 10th, before I cool them down.

Perfect. I like the slow cooldown too.

It seems like it’d be better not to shock the yeast at anytime if you can avoid it. And I’ll have time to let it sit and lager still for a few weeks until I get to brewing my next APA.