Deadski Around Here?

“Deadski” is the Midwest forum. This forum is very lively in comparison.

Couple more days and I’ll sample my first bottle of Dead Ringer. Has been conditioning at 68°F for 24 days.

Any hint as to the topic?. I enjoyed the last one you contributed to, so I’m curious to know what we can expect next?

[quote=“flars”]“Deadski” is the Midwest forum. This forum is very lively in comparison.

Couple more days and I’ll sample my first bottle of Dead Ringer. Has been conditioning at 68°F for 24 days.[/quote]

Probably proving your point… There’s a Midwest forum here?

Seriously, I’m a little antisocial, so forums are good for me. I think I have a neighbor who brews, but I feel to goofy to stop over and say hi. Maybe when the weather breaks next May or so.

http://www.brew-wineforum.com/index.php

I drop in on a UK forum for information. Helps understanding questions when someone is using Coopers or Muntons kits.

Seriously, I’m a little antisocial, so forums are good for me. I think I have a neighbor who brews, but I feel to goofy to stop over and say hi. Maybe when the weather breaks next May or so.[/quote]

Hey go over and say hi. Most home brewers are pretty cool. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

[quote=“Brew Cat”]
Hey go over and say hi. Most home brewers are pretty cool. Nothing ventured nothing gained.[/quote]
Agreed. I was out brewing one day and a stranger just driving through my neighborhood stopped by. Was a little strange until I realized what was happening. I have yet to find a homebrewer who doesn’t love to shoot the breeze about the hobby.

Any hint as to the topic?. I enjoyed the last one you contributed to, so I’m curious to know what we can expect next?[/quote]

Can’t really say anything yet other than our proposal got accepted! If you liked “Craft Beer”, you should check out “Experimental Homebrewing”!

Any hint as to the topic?. I enjoyed the last one you contributed to, so I’m curious to know what we can expect next?[/quote]

Can’t really say anything yet other than our proposal got accepted! If you liked “Craft Beer”, you should check out “Experimental Homebrewing”![/quote]

Congrats!

[quote=“gdtechvw”][quote=“Denny”]
Can’t really say anything yet other than our proposal got accepted! If you liked “Craft Beer”, you should check out “Experimental Homebrewing”![/quote]

Congrats![/quote]

Thanks…now we’ve got to write the damn thing!

Experimental home brewing sounds like an oxymoron, very clever title I’ll have to check it out.

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“gdtechvw”][quote=“Denny”]

Congrats![/quote]

Thanks…now we’ve got to write the damn thing![/quote]

I thought you retired? Sound like you’re working a lot. Guess working on a hobby that you love isn’t like work a normal job. Btw heard the pod cast on the brewing network with you and Drew it was good. I’m looking foward to picking up the book once I get through some of my back log of home brewing books, next on the list is tasting beer.

Yeah, I’m hoping that it doesn’t become too much like work. Just bought a car so I can hit the road doing signings. I can pretty much guarantee you that you’ve never seen a homebrewing book like “Experimental Homebrewing”. For one thing, we don’t tell you how to brew…we tell you how to figure it out for yourself!

Denny you said “our” so is this one with Drew as well?

Yeah, I’m hoping that it doesn’t become too much like work. Just bought a car so I can hit the road doing signings. I can pretty much guarantee you that you’ve never seen a homebrewing book like “Experimental Homebrewing”. For one thing, we don’t tell you how to brew…we tell you how to figure it out for yourself![/quote]

Sweet can’t wait to get to it. Congrats again on the new found career!

Yep, it sure is!

Very deadski when the Packers are playing.

I have a toddler, a puppy, and work has never been so busy. I still haven’t brewed yet this fall, which is probably the latest I will have ever started. Hoping to brew next Sunday.

Funny- when I saw the title a couple days ago, I figured ‘Deadski’ was the pseudonym of a brewer, so I didn’t bother looking at the thread uintil today when I saw how long it’s been getting.
Shortly after I started the obsession, coming up on 3 years ago, I joined both this forum and HBT. For the 1st year or more I spent way more time here- the people were much nicer and more helpful to a newbie than the other place. Lately I do tend to spend more time over there, but check this forum 2-3 times weekly.
My favorite brew season is winter- I really don’t like to slave over a hot BK when it’s 80* and 80% humidity. About to start my lager trio- starting with a ‘Black Friday Vienna’. If I crank these 3 out and do something easy(thinking Wayne’s BM clone) on New Year’s, then I’ll be at 50 batches done in 3 years.
I know Denny and Greg and others around here are over 300 batches, but I’ll be pretty happy with this little milestone.
All the best to everyone! :cheers:

Yeah, I’m hoping that it doesn’t become too much like work. Just bought a car so I can hit the road doing signings. I can pretty much guarantee you that you’ve never seen a homebrewing book like “Experimental Homebrewing”. For one thing, we don’t tell you how to brew…we tell you how to figure it out for yourself![/quote]

Would you say it’s more like Gordon Strong’s book? I really liked that book and I felt that it was not just another formulaic approach to brewing.

Ummm…that sounds like great summer brewing weather. Mid to upper 90’s is the norm here with the occasional low-mid 100’s.

I particularly enjoy brewing Nov through April. Love the cool to cold weather and fast chilling with ground water temps in the 50’s.