Burton Ale

Unfortunately this one is just not doing it for me. I have been drinking it and sometimes it seems fine other time it’s to mineraly. I know I pushed the water additions to see where it would go. I’ll try I again using a different profile. Not much left anyway and I have others available

My biggest hurdle is ml/L equation… I keep trying to envisioning in my one brain cell…
I might break out the calculator and paper and find a simple site and sit and cuss at the PC … Trying to get my one brain cell to wrap around this…
Might be best abandoning?
Sneezles61

You still see your new buddy running around in armour? You could have a few bottles with you… Place them on a stump… step back so he could retrieve them… No rinse… No return!
Sneezles61

Haven’t seen him in awhile. Maybe back to work or joined the crusade

Well here is an update on the Burton ale. I don’t have much if it left. A couple I bottled off the keg a couple bottle conditioned. And a couple barrel aged (sour) stashed. Like I mentioned above I tried to replicate the minerals from Burton on Trent. The beer needed aging and that improved it. Now I’m drinking a Bass clone which is a modern Burton as far as I can tell. I treated the water Abit differently. I believe I will combine the recipes. The bass used roasted malt which I will drop and replace with chocolate malt which is what I used in the Burton. Also the Burton was bittered to 50 or so IBU the bass was 35. I’ll go 35 ibu.

@brew_cat , Living up your way, were you ever able to try this ale?
I’ve never been able to find it.

11% ? I’ll look for it.

1 Like

I looked on untapped it’s brewed by Pabst in Texas. Doesn’t show any within 75miles

Texas, LOL. Mergers and acquisitions. Sheesh, it was a classic East Coast brewery.

Probably would have to do your own interpretation(as you’re doing). As @sneezles61 alluded to earlier in the thread @the_professor used to be the Ballantine Burton ale guy…his notes and recipes are probably on here somewhere…

1 Like

He’ll hopefully pop in here… he’s very elusive!
Sneezles61