Brewbucket question

Yeh! Luckily I’m a machinist so I should be able to handle that part. Watch me screw it up now.

1 Like

Atta Brewer!!! You won’t know until you try… This is a piece of the puzzle I enjoy… Have a couple brews… stare at a piece and develope a plan…
I’ll be looking forward to what you are doing!
Sneezles61

So here is what I was talking about. Do you think the valve itself is adjustable? I’ve seen that most arent and are just rated to a specific psi, like a pressure relief valve.

Gee whiz… They don’t give them away… I got 2 set ups from brewhardware.com… Only part… 3/8" MPT… These ones I got are adjustable… If your interested… pm me … I’ll keep one…
Sneezles61

Have you done any fermenting under pressure?

A couple times… On my scale… I cannot detect any benefit…
Our local brewery does a lager… But they are in such a rush to get product out the door…
Sneezles61

What about the ability to lager at ale temps?

I have a controlled fermenter…
Although, I used lager yeast in a cider at room temp, in the keg with a spunding valve… I still had to deal with yeast as I served out of that keg too…
Sneezles61

So there was alot of sediment or what? Maybe I should just go with a 10 psi prv set on top and rig the 1.5 tc so it can hook up to c02 just to fill the space as it transfers. I use my keezer as a fermentation chamber for lagers anyway and thought about using this cold weather to aid in them as well without the need. What size batches are you brewing?

Fermenting in the keg and serving from it… Yeast sediment…
If you can ferment in the keezer, then keg… The out of doors is a good “lagering” chamber… I believe Brew Cat was the one that I first heard of that…
I’m of the thinking… Keep it simple sunshine… The more “things” going on with your brewing doesn’t equate to better brew… In fact… I’ve got a shed in the backyard… There are a few brewing gizmos just sitting there… Collecting dust…
Sneezles61

I fermented in a keg that kicked… What do you suppose is left behind? Yeast… So I dumped apple juice in it to ferment…
Sneezles61

I see. Good idea

I would be able to ferment under pressure in the fermenter, and then transfer into a keg off of the yeast. I want to try and do a larger at ale temps using this technique under 10 or so psi for 2 or 3 weeks. The tilt hydrometer would be nice so I can tell what’s going on in there.

1 Like

You have a plan… Implement it… Take notes…
Sneezles61

Yeh. I havent been brewing much unfortunately. I have a young family and we are in the painstaking process of buying a house/ trying to buy property to build our own house in rural washington state. The market is crazy right now and that’s been taking up most of my time. Is everyone fleeing from the cities?

1 Like

I’m on a local business advisory board and one of our members just moved his daughter into a new apartment in NYC three weeks back. He pre-scheduled a moving truck, but the one they sent was too small. He asked for a bigger one like he ordered and they said it wasn’t available. He asked about rescheduling and the soonest available date they had another truck available was December. :grimacing:

My controller at work just put his house on the market as they’re building one closer to our office. They listed it Thursday, had three showings scheduled that night for Friday, and had three offers by 5PM Friday. Housing market is on fire atm.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

We are in the woods… albeit in a dense neighborhood, with decent neighbors…
Sometimes we look at houses in town, thinking this house will become too much in 10+ plus years…
Sneezles61

1 Like