Beer taps and children

The cheapest solution would be to remove liquid QDs after the session and put a pad lock on the fridge/freezer door. Adding in-line ball valves right behind the shanks would add some convenience. I like that idea with the solenoid valves.

This got me thinking, you could also design a 4-bar linkage (we used to use construction paper and pins to get the lengths right) that would actuate the valves inside the kegerator from the outside. 1/4" stainless inline valves are around $30, so this wouldn’t be cheap, and I don’t know if it would work with plastic valves.

[quote=“StormyBrew”]But they have other issues to worry about: hairy armpits and legs and strange accents just to name two. [/quote]Wouldn’t that be five things to worry about (for a regular human)?

2 in euro-math.

:cheers:

This is what I have on mine. I haven’t had to use it yet, as my son isn’t even 2 years old, but it’s prepped & ready. A nice $12 solution, considering 4 tap locks would have been more than 10 times as much.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ecodZ ... reId=10051

Well, I ended up going with tap locks. Really simple, easy and quick to use.
The best deal I could find on them was from here:

Got them for about 32 bucks a piece.

I’ll add my solution just bottle it :idea:

Good deal. Seems like the Perls are the only ones having issues with these locks.

[quote=“Legman”]Well, I ended up going with tap locks. Really simple, easy and quick to use.
The best deal I could find on them was from here:

Got them for about 32 bucks a piece.

[/quote]

Good call, Legman!

Well, I’ll just throw in another tangential thought since folks seem to have focused on how this relates to THEIR kids…

… regardless of how you’ve treated your own kids and the brew… for me, the issue pegs the paranoia meter when my 15 and 17 y.o. daughters have a big group of kids over to the house for a movie night, etc. RIGHT THERE BY MY KEGERATOR.

I almost always know the kids who show up… but when there is a group of kids coming over and I don’t know too many of them, I disconnect the out posts. Better safe then sorry.

Tangential soap-box rant:

The confliction of a Father is knowing his daughters well, and believing in them and their friends who you’ve also known since they were itty bitties, … but also having been a 12 year old Cold Duck drinking horn dog and KNOWING what they’re thinking about EVERY waking moment.
Sigh.
Sigh (yes, that’s a double, from the gut, SIGH).

You know what they say Diesel Tonic…when you have a boy you only have to worry about 1 penis…when you have a girl you have to worry about all of them.

:shock:

[quote=“mtodd”]You know what they say Diesel Tonic…when you have a boy you only have to worry about 1 penis…when you have a girl you have to worry about all of them.

:shock: [/quote]
LOL ! Awesome.

I find this last comment to be somewhat offensive to monkeys :wink: [/quote]

It’s equally offensive to crap.

:cheers: [/quote]

Not to mention flingers of said crap. :wink:

[/quote]But they have other issues to worry about: hairy armpits and legs and strange accents just to name two. :wink: [/quote]

Why do you think IIPA was invented? :wink:

Just saw these chest freezer locks. Turn of the gas inside the freezer. Lock the lid. No parties.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... erId=19176

+1 for shadetrees response. Let em grow while you can control the en environment.