“they also installed an o-ring around the secondary(non-driven) roller”
Interesting to me because I got my Barley Crusher a little over three years ago. I used it several times and was happy with it. Then, when I was crushing a batch I felt the handle slip several times, but each time it would start working again. When I was transferring the crushed grain into another bucket I found a broken o-ring. The mill worked fine for a couple of batches, then it again started slipping, this time considerably worse than before. It eventually began working, but I found a second o-ring in my crushed grain. I contacted the folks at the company and they offered a couple of suggestions, including dismantling and cleaning. They said if it did not work correctly they would arrange to have me send the mill in for repair. I dismantled, cleaned, etc (without finding anything suggesting a problem), put it back together and it has worked fine ever since. I’ve crushed for about 35 (5 gal.) batches with no issues, but I’ve got my fingers crossed. FWIW I hand crank the mill.