Anyone brewing today/this weekend?

Didn’t brew this weekend was off on a camping trip in the Redwoods :cheers:

Have a half day at work on Friday so planning on brewing a hoppy German blond recipe I have been working on. Saturday brewing a stout that I will be aging on oak cubes that have been soaking in Makers Mark for a couple of mouths, should be ready just in time for the holidays. Been flying through beer this summer (aka family and friends have been enjoying my brews) need to do some more quick turn around beers to finish the summer with.

Hey Jethro, I’d love to know what’s gonna be in that stout. I’ve got one brewing right now-it’s an oatmeal stout that I turned into a milk stout and I’m thinking about adding some cacao nibs and vanilla to secondary-you have any other additives planned?.

I brewed the host’s Brunch Stout yesterday morning. Managed to get the bulk of the brewing/cleaning done before it really got hot. Twas my 5th all-grain batch and my 1st stout. The ingreds smelled fantastic and the aromas during the boil makes me think that this baby is going to be awesome. Gonna brew a Troegs Perpetual IPA clone on Saturday…looking forward to that as it is 1 of my fav beers.

I have 1 keg empty and am looking for some suggestions as to filling it. As of right now I have a Columbus SMaSH, an American Wheat spiced up with coriander and orange peel and that Brunch Stout fermenting. I wanted to keg the Wheat beer but I’m thinking the Stout would be great kegged as well!

:cheers:

No other additives planned, using my sweet stout recipe and just adding 4oz of American medium plus roasted oak cubes that have been in a mason jar of bourbon since spring, probably will add some of the bourbon as well. Going to let it age for at least 60days maybe longer going to be hard to be that patient.

[quote=“The Fhunt”]Palmers Elevenses.

This is my maiden voyage for my all grain setup.

on that note, anyone have any input for this recipe?

I’m using the london water profile from Bru’n water

fermenting with Thames Valley II.

making a starter tonight for Saturday Brew Day!!

Cheers!![/quote]
I brewed the partial mash version back in April. Initially thought it was going to come out more like a porter, but when it was all finished and conditioned, it was definitely to the English mild style. I like the little bit of smokiness enough that I just ordered some Cherry smoked malt with my latest NB order. Maybe not my favorite brown ale, but it’s pretty close. I like it, and do recommend it.
I used s-04 yeast and didn’t mess with my water.
Good luck on your foray into AG. I’m usually a partial mash guy, but have done AG several times, and just ordered the NB 3 for 2 AG special. My two AGs have both gone well, and I hit my predicted OG dead on both times. Although, to be perfectly honest, so far I haven’t noticed a quality difference between my PM and AG batches, although I’m still an AG newb. I just like to experiment.

[quote=“brewmanchu”]I brewed the host’s Brunch Stout yesterday morning. Managed to get the bulk of the brewing/cleaning done before it really got hot. Twas my 5th all-grain batch and my 1st stout. The ingreds smelled fantastic and the aromas during the boil makes me think that this baby is going to be awesome. Gonna brew a Troegs Perpetual IPA clone on Saturday…looking forward to that as it is 1 of my fav beers.

I have 1 keg empty and am looking for some suggestions as to filling it. As of right now I have a Columbus SMaSH, an American Wheat spiced up with coriander and orange peel and that Brunch Stout fermenting. I wanted to keg the Wheat beer but I’m thinking the Stout would be great kegged as well!

:cheers: [/quote]

is your perpetual IPA an extract? Living in Central PA, I’m also a big Troegs fan and have four of these in my fridge right now. I would love to take a shot at the receipe, if you’re willing to share.

[quote=“jra173”][quote=“brewmanchu”]I brewed the host’s Brunch Stout yesterday morning. Managed to get the bulk of the brewing/cleaning done before it really got hot. Twas my 5th all-grain batch and my 1st stout. The ingreds smelled fantastic and the aromas during the boil makes me think that this baby is going to be awesome. Gonna brew a Troegs Perpetual IPA clone on Saturday…looking forward to that as it is 1 of my fav beers.

:cheers: [/quote]

is your perpetual IPA an extract? Living in Central PA, I’m also a big Troegs fan and have four of these in my fridge right now. I would love to take a shot at the receipe, if you’re willing to share.[/quote]
The recipe I found is All-Grain but I’m sure there is a way to convert to extract. I googled “perpetual ipa clone” and came upon a recipe that looks like it may match. The ingredients are the same that Troegs uses I just hope the amounts and times are on as well.