Which grain mill?

Only 35 tons? :shock: What size system you running? Curious if a MM3 could service a 10BBL system.

It could support a 10 barrel system, until you get over 1000 barrels a year then you would probably want to step up to a bigger mill. I have a 8+ barrel setup. My grain bill is anywhere from 500 to 650 pounds per brew.

Thanks. Yeah, I ran my numbers and came up something along the lines of yours. 10 - 50lb sacks. Thatā€™s a back breaker but I am sure there are tools or tricks of the trade that alleviate. Still incredible the monster held up.

Fork lift and 55 gallon plastic barrels. :cheers:

Marc, I wish you had a website that is more than directions. Any plans for one?

Iā€™ve been looking at getting a JSP adjustable mill lately. My Barley Crusher has been acting up, not pulling grain through. I think the knurls are wearing down.

[quote=ā€œBeerskā€]Marc, I wish you had a website that is more than directions. Any plans for one?

Iā€™ve been looking at getting a JSP adjustable mill lately. My Barley Crusher has been acting up, not pulling grain through. I think the knurls are wearing down.[/quote]

Yes that is a sorry excuse for a website, that is my business partners deal. I think Iā€™ll have to learn how to make one so we have one before I retire or get bought out!

JSP sounds like a good mill. There was someone on here years back that made his own I think it had like 6" diameter rollers he had a web site with the blue prints on how to make your own. I need one like that now!

Marc I recently came across that but canā€™t remember where. I remember thinking wow thatā€™s overkill for a home Brewer and think that the maker even said so.

I did find this:

http://www.bluedogbrewing.com.au/mill.html

Thanks! the more information the better. I did a little searching and found the website I was looking for; http://gnipsel.com/beer/equipment/beer-equipment.html

It seems he still visits the forum.

Do you have contact information for BC? I have sent a few letters, no response. Thanks.

This was one reason I dropped them when my BC broke. The others were inferior material, design, and a lack of backing their warranty.

1 Like

I had to send multiple emails and it took a pretty ugly one to finally get attention from BC. I sent my unit back to them, after about one year use, it worked fine for one batch when I got it back then it was done againā€¦and so was Iā€¦with BC. Movinā€™ on!

Again JSP, it takes a lick inā€™ and keeps on a crush inā€™! Sneezles61