Seed starting for garden

I was going to ask if you ever get visits from police. Those lights are going to be pretty suspicious to police looking for homes with high electricity usage.

Its not like he’s powering HPS or MH lights. Eight flourescent shop lights isn’t going to raise any eyebrows for power consumption.

pinching off blossoms??? Mine all had blossoms and or little guy peppers on the plants when I transplanted them. What are the drawbacks to not pinching off blossoms before they are in the ground?

I’ve read that you don’t want your peppers to set fruit until the temps stay above 60 or 65 degrees. Temps lower than that supposedly lower yields. Last year we transplanted them out with small fruits on the plants, and the yield was pretty poor.

Last year’s transplants:

I think having fruits already set kind of slowed them down, because they had to adjust to being outdoors while working on growing peppers. I hope that this way they’ll have a short time to acclimate to the weather and new soil before blossoming.

We’re still having really cool nights here (40 degrees a couple days ago) so I’m reluctant to plant them out without any protection at night.

gracias el capitan! makes sense. wondering if i should pinch little fruits that were already set, or leave them now…plants have been in the ground for about a week…nighttime temps are around 60 here.