Lager season 2016

dannyboy58
“It sounds good. All IBU from bittering hops?”

I got 28 IBUs from 60 minutes in the boil and 2 IBUs from 12 minutes.

So I’ve settled on 17.5 pounds pils and 5 pounds of dark muncher. I will finish at 6.2… Just about right. Sneezles61

I just had to see how my O-fest is doing last night. I do enjoy the maltiness I’m getting from the dark munich malt. I put some more CO2, and will do so every couple of days til its time! Sneezles61

1 Like

So the true O-fest starts next W/E! Have you got yer brews right where you want them! I have pulled at the most, a pint out and the anticipation is just killing me. Very nicely carbed, and full body flavor… OOH I can hardly wait! Sneezles61

1 Like

yYes it starts next weekend finished up my BBQ pit today ready for my big party next weekend 1 1/2 kegs ofest. 2 kegs IPA 1 1/2 kegs mock pilsner. I’m ready

5 Likes

You been “sampling” yer o-fest to only have a keg and a half?? Thats a sweet looking BBQ set up there. We git to see pictures of it in action? Sneezles61

Correct, I sample frequently

1 Like

This O-fest we brewed was split in half, and one will be lager,which I have , and the other is 01 ale… We are just curious as to the out come, and we’ll also have other peeps to help find our answer. Not a contest, just to see where non brewing peeps lean. Sneezles61

Oh, and thank goodness you didn’t say imbibe!! :dizzy_face: Sneezles61

I did that a couple years ago. The one with ale yeast turned out really good. A few friends said they couldn’t really tell the difference. Of course it was cold conditioned for as long as the lager by the time they drank it.

I had a couple pints of mine last night. It’s a marzen style Oktoberfest. Really happy with it.

1 Like

Today is going to be a beautiful day up here, and to make it even better, we will have our O-fest! I have the Mayor from our town to do the inaugural tap and sample! If he doesn’t like it, some say we cancel our fest. I say we boot the bum out and carry on!!:joy: Sneezles61
I’m glad this edit button works!

2 Likes

2 Likes

It begins. Mine was yesterday. Cleaning today.:joy_cat:

1 Like

Looks good brew cat!

oh that looks so good! We had brats, pretzels, smoked salmon, and misc. crunchies that kept all going great. The gentleman that introduced me to brewing in 2001 also did a show… he imbibed in many. so I can think of that as a OKY DOKY! Sneezles61

1 Like

Miabock cold crashing…. BBBRRR!:grimacing: Sneezles61

Is it a MacBook if you drink it in October?

1 Like

It’s only a MacBook if you can’t drink it.

God I hate autocorrect

1 Like

:joy: Oh for the love of technology! Just shooting’ from the hip, its a light colored, strong, hoppy, brew fermented with 838 lager yeast, so, its … BEER ! I hope it can be miabock, please? I will have 2 kegs, one for now, and hope to have one for spring… Sneezles61