Your favorite brewer?

Georg Schneider VI from Schneider Weisse.

Since others have cited themselves as their favorite brewer, I guess that’s a permission to say without guilt that my overall preference is definitely (by far) the beers I brew myself.
Perhaps my palate has simply become gradually entrained to my own beers after so many years. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. (I do know, however, that this preference definitely saves me a TON of money on beer. :lol: )

To be honest, like other beer lovers I know, I find the whole “brewer as rockstar” concept just a little bit silly and more a product PR spin than anything else (which is all harmless enough, I guess. If a face helps to sell the product, go for it).

As a result, my ‘favorite brewer’ picks are (for now) a bit anonymous and more based upon the overall output of a given brewing company. So looking at it thru those goggles, my choices would be whoever it is that mans the kettles these days at places (in the States) like Yards, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, and (in the UK) Fuller’s, Bateman’s, or Traquair House.
I don’t know the names of the head brewers at these places, but they do have my utmost respect and admiration for what they produce. Great beers, minus the gimmicks.

[quote=“The Professor”] Yards, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, and (in the UK) Fuller’s, Bateman’s, or Traquair House.
I don’t know the names of the head brewers at these places, but they do have my utmost respect and admiration for what they produce. Great beers, minus the gimmicks.[/quote]
well said and spot on for consistently great brews.

My fav brewer is the one that takes the time to respond to any emails/phone calls I make, and is glad to help out with a clone recipe. Also one that sells sacks of malt to me for 30 bucks. :slight_smile:

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned Rick Langston w/WBC out of North Carolina. Nice enough guy, good beers and the prices are really reasonable.