Your favorite brewer?

Anybody have a favorite brewmaster who just happens to make all your favorite beer? My favorite is John Maier from Rogue. I don’t think anybody can balance out high levels of specialty malts and hops as well as he can and make them still highly drinkable. He’s definitely tought me a lot about recipe formulation and balance.

Rogue’s John Maier, by a long shot.

It’s easy to do something outside the box, I think we all have done that from time to time in our own breweries. But John keeps it tasting like a balanced, well put together beer–and that is a tricky thing to pull off.

Aside from that, he’s a very nice man.

Vinnie Cilruzo. Super nice guy and has definitely been a great source of sour brewing knowledge for me over the past few years. Plus his uncle lives down the street from me so that helps too

Big fan of Stone’s aggresiveness and Lagunitas creativity. Ruination and Lil’ Sumpin are both in my top 5.

Also a big Stone Brewing fan. I agree about Rouge as well. both are putting out mind blowing brews… I have also been a fan of deschutes for many years and feel that mirror pond has to be one of my favorites not to mention red chair.

Post #100 I am a master brewer!!! I can quit this hobby as I now know it all!!!..Sorry I let it go to my head:)

my favorite brewer is me. outside of my house though, I’d probably go with John Maier.

Jon Curtis of The Tap. One of the best Alts in the US, as well as a really interesting Helles and a great Schwarzbier. Oh yeah, and a tasty Berliner Weisse, a nice IPA…

I’d say a tie between Adam Avery and Steve Dressler

Am I the only one that doesn’t like rouge?

nope - I’m not a fan either outside of 1 or 2 offerings - Shakespeare being one of them.

Definitely myself. Is that allowed?

If I had to pick somebody else I’d say Larry Bell.

not even sure of his name. but the brewmaster of founders would have to be my favorite.

They can really do no wrong in my book.

Have you tried any of those recent barrel aged sours that Avery put out? Man, they are awesome!

I don’t really have a favorite brewer but if RR sours were distributed in MO I’d go broke. So maybe it’s Vinnie…

Scott Vaccaro of Captain Lawrence is a super nice guy and a hell of a brewer.

Well, me of course! :smiley:

Omar & Todd seem to be doing good things for beer and for their community over at Surly.

Good Luck

I don’t care for Rogue much either. They’re pushing the envelope as to how much they can charge you for their beer. They have little 6 oz bottles of beer now for $7 or $8. Seriously, guys…
I’m kind of hard pressed to name my favorite brewer…I guess I really like brewer #7’s work in Fort Collin’s, CO. He can really work that mash tun and brew that Bud! It seems like he adds the hops at JUST the right time…every time. If I can’t get his beer, I don’t drink it!

I don’t care for Rogue much either. They’re pushing the envelope as to how much they can charge you for their beer. They have little 6 oz bottles of beer now for $7 or $8. Seriously, guys…
I’m kind of hard pressed to name my favorite brewer…I guess I really like brewer #7’s work in Fort Collin’s, CO. He can really work that mash tun and brew that Bud! It seems like he adds the hops at JUST the right time…every time. If I can’t get his beer, I don’t drink it![/quote]

I do agree with you there. Lately it’s gotten pretty crazy.

No. :mrgreen:

Ron Jeffries from Jolly Pumpkin.