Your 1st Homebrew

This is a good topic! As best I can tell, the first any of us rode a bike, we fell down… got back up and kept going! Fascinating Jim! Sneezles61

Actually, my first BIAB was more comical. Got so excited I forgot the bag!

Cheers,

Ron

You didn’t practice safe mashing… living on the edge.

1 Like

Haha You’re right. I didn’t get an infection, though. Probably should have thrown an antibiotic in the bottling bucket!

Cheers,

Ron

Oh God, I forgot about that. My wife got me one of those bag things, probably about 20 years ago. I do remember it was a ‘Canadian Ale’. I probably did everything wrong, and do remember the instructions were crap. The results: Slug beer. Undrinkable, but it served a valuable function in the garden.:grinning:

1 Like

Sorry to bring up bad memories.

December…2016.LOL Now just seven batches in (haven’t dumped one and only have been talked off the ledge once!) and can hardly wait for the next! The topics on the forum and the advice and support have been invaluable. Thanks especially to Sneezles61, flars, and brew_cat!

4 Likes

Ah man, you’ll make us blush… We were new once before too. Sneeezles61

We should be ashamed leading him on like that. Never thought anyone took us seriously

1 Like

Usually with many gulps of… home brew! Sneezles61

Got the small batch starter kit this past Christmas. Red Irish Ale. Boiled out most of it and was going to dump, but @flars got me through it. Turned out good. Have since done Bavarian Hefe, Caribou Slobber, and German Blonde. All good. Waiting on White House Honey Porter to finish now. Only problem is 1 gallon doesn’t last long. Everyone wants to try it, but not enough to share. Getting 5 gallon equipment soon, but not soon enough.

2 Likes

Gotta wrap those rascals! :joy: