You Might Be a Homebrewer If

[quote=“CapnJB”]Your golf clubs are covered in krausen. :oops:

[/quote]

Or better yet, you can often be found riding around with a 2-1/2 keg on your golf cart

You have at least one tap faucet in at least one refridgerator in your house!

… you have mopped the ceiling.

Although I am really enjoying some canned beer these days.

There’s lots of great beer in cans these days. Not so much with twist-offs…

you’re mesmorized by the bubbles in the airlock.

you make 60 trips a nigth to the basement to “just check on things”.

[quote=“micahkoll”]you’re mesmorized by the bubbles in the airlock.

you make 60 trips a nigth to the basement to “just check on things”.[/quote]

+10
Before & after I take a shower. You NEVER KNOW what could happen

Buy a sixer of craft beer, drink the beer, soak the labels off, & stick them on some of your bottles that just won’t come clean, or chipped or damaged so you can collect the bottle deposit. Heehee.

[quote=“capnkirk”]… so you can collect the bottle deposit.[/quote]What’s a “bottle deposit”?

that’s when you put the bottle back in the same six pack holder for use later.

in some states and at some liquor stores you can purchase a case of “returnables” and when you bring them back some of the cost of your next case is discounted. i think shell’s brewery still does that here in minnesota. haven’t gotten that beer in a while though :wink:

Now that’s something I’ve never considered trying. Maybe brew some with the grounds?

Bottle Deposit, at least in Michigan, is an extra 10 cents added to the purchase price for every can or bottle of beers and sodas. I’ve never really checked too far into it but it seems to be the carbonated stuff. Hawaiian Punch doesn’t get a deposit.

You can return the bottles and cans to the store for the 10 cents back. We used to throw parties and return the cans and bottles (byo) and use the deposits for more beer.

[quote=“A National Acrobat”]Bottle Deposit, at least in Michigan, is an extra 10 cents added to the purchase price for every can or bottle of beers and sodas. I’ve never really checked too far into it but it seems to be the carbonated stuff. Hawaiian Punch doesn’t get a deposit.

You can return the bottles and cans to the store for the 10 cents back. We used to throw parties and return the cans and bottles (byo) and use the deposits for more beer.[/quote]
That takes me back. I lived in MI until I was 13. I remember people walking along roads and highways looking for discarded cans and bottles.

I believe there was an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer tried hauling a crap load of cans to MI to take advantage of the 10 cent refund. Good stuff.

if you’re more worried about hop shots than flu shots.

If you’re more knowledgeable than the LHBS staff.

If you know what the heck LHBS means, or RDWHAHB.

…you start buying appliances specifically for ingredients and dispensing beer

A couple weekends ago, bought a small chest freezer for bulk hops. Tonight I came home with a 15 cu. ft freezer to turn into a 6-8 tap keezer.

Edit: I hope my wife isn’t too pissed when she gets home tonight and finds the second freezer.

I have an I Q of 1.040, does that qualify me as a home brewer?

…the number of refrigerators you own that are dedicated to beer (4) is greater than the number of automobiles you own (2).

Refrigerators are way cheaper than cars and you don’t have to insure them. Just sayin…

:smiley:

How about the number of refrigerators dedicated to beer (3) is greater than the number dedicated to food storage (1).