You Might Be a Homebrewer If

Your 8 year old is on the patio helping you “mix the big cooler of hot cereal” at 6am.

If you get pulled over while transporting your kettle, carboys, and immersion chiller. And the officer has to call in backup that knows about homebrewing to confirm you aren’t carrying a meth lab or a still

:shock:

You get stopped by the cops because the neighbors saw you carrying gallon plastic bags of home grown hops to your car. “Sir whats that green leafy substance in your back seat?”…“Honest officer is hops!”

Also, what are those pills?
Whirfloc!
And what is that small vial of white powder?
Gypsum!
And what is that container of small white balls?
Calcium Chloride!
And what is that small bottle of green leafy stuff?
Irish Moss, I swear!

:lol:

Your 3-year old sees you wearing this shirt and asks, “Why is there a mash paddle on your shirt?”

That was a proud day for papa!

You keep a mini cooler in your truck for transporting yeast.

…your family vacations include at least one stop for a local brewery tour and you swing by the homebrew shop on the way home.

Or you might be a homebrewer if … your 5-year old draws a picture (at school, during art class) and says to the teacher the color in the drawing is not really yellow, it is “more of a pale ale”.

You’re able to dissect a newborn mouse eye under microscope (obviously) after 3 Dogfish Head IBAs and get usable tissue to continue your work.

+3

+1 on being the only one with the yeast lab. Heck I don’t know anyone else in whole NYC who has a yeast lab.

Ready for this? My wife and I are going up to New Glarus in Wisconsin for a brewery tour for our 20th wedding anniversary! My wife did not need her arm twisted, she’s looking forward to it. :cheers:

Ready for this? My wife and I are going up to New Glarus in Wisconsin for a brewery tour for our 20th wedding anniversary! My wife did not need her arm twisted, she’s looking forward to it. :cheers: [/quote]

And the award for best wife ever goes to…!!!

You buy a 12 pack of coca-cola pry offs so that you can walk around in public drinking your black ales.

Ready for this? My wife and I are going up to New Glarus in Wisconsin for a brewery tour for our 20th wedding anniversary! My wife did not need her arm twisted, she’s looking forward to it. :cheers: [/quote]

The hard hat tour? I have heard those are good, I have yet to make a trip out there but I really want to.

This I gotta try!!!

[quote=“catswilleatyou”]You buy a 12 pack of coca-cola pry offs so that you can walk around in public drinking your black ales.[/quote]I have consumed “cream soda” on a number of occasions at places like Schlitterbahn, which let you bring in soda in plastic bottles (and the gate staff doesn’t look too hard at the cap ring to see if it has been opened).

The hard hat tour? I have heard those are good, I have yet to make a trip out there but I really want to.[/quote]
Yes. We booked it in September but had to go all the way out to mid-December because they were sold out. I know a few people who have been on it and everyone raves about the whole experience including the tour, the bottle shop & gift shop and the town itself. Should be great.

The day after you brew or bottle, your back yard looks like a meth lab

[quote=“Redfin”]The day after you brew or bottle, your back yard looks like a meth lab[/quote]Might be a homebrewer who drinks too much on brew day… :wink:

Your golf clubs are covered in krausen. :oops:

if you add crystal malt to your coffee coffee grounds for residual sweetness & body. or carafoam for head retention.

you tell the the poor waiter at the English pub(that advertises their extensive beer selection and knowledge), that the English brown Ale(Hobgoblin) should never be served in a frosted glass and the correct serving temperature is between 45 and 52 degrees f., and the Barley Wine should be served in a snifter so that the warmth of your hand warms the beer to release the aromas.