Yesterday was a great brew day

Ended up brewing 18 gallons of cider (3 kinds… standard dry, blueberry, spiced) and also a 5 gallon batch of the Sierra Madre pale. Was a good time with the adult kids. They never brewed before but have really wanted to for a long time. They are already wanting to brew another haha

2 Likes

A great brew day and a full day of fun.

Have you brewed the Sierra Madre pale before? This is the first time brewing this recipe but it seems like it will be a tasty beer. Thinking it will turn out pretty citrusy

Haven’t brewed that one. I do find that NB’s clone recipes taste much better than the store bought. Might have a lot to do with freshness of the home brew. I’ve had a couple in the fermentor then found the commercial brew at the local beer store. Taste of the commercial brew was under whelming. Thought I had made a big mistake trying to brew the clone. Caribou Slobber, aka Moose Drool, was the first one but is in the house year round now.

Good to hear. I have an extract slobber and a all grain kit. I was just going to wait until it was closer to fall to brew that one up.

I’ve just brewed 15 gallons of Slobber. Hoping some will have the time to age until Fall.

2 Likes

I brew with my adult son most of the time. Definitely a good time and miss him when I brew by myself.

This was the first time I didnt brew by myself. It was way better brewing with people, especially family. Im going to try that from now on haha

I prefer brewing alone… and sober. Too many times I’ve had people over during brewing and they seem to distract me. I’ve also imbibed a couple times and forgot steps.

2 Likes

Guilty…had too many homebrews and screwed up the hops additions. :flushed: Still came out beer but not what I was thinking.

haha yeah I felt that same issue this go around. We went through all the steps properly other than taking a SG reading… not the end of the world but still an important step that was missed.

Saturday was windy and rainy here…still brewed :grinning:

1 Like

Geez, Sunday was an impending snow storm… brewed, cleaned up… Little time for Sunday funday… Got up at 5 AM Monday morning, 2" slush, snow! A song was going through my mind… I’m dreaming of a white… Memorial Day week end!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sneezles61

1 Like