Yeast with low flocculation

I have a beer fermenting with wyeast 1450, its listed as a low flocculating yeast. From what i understand flocculation is how well the yeast clumps and settles out. I dont like the idea of adding stuff to my beer but i dont have a way to cold crash and want to bottle the beer after maybe 4 weeks max and still get a fairly clear product. Im thinking about using finings but i dont know much about them. Would i still be able to bottle carb after using finings?

Grab some whirlfloc next time you make a brew buy. Add 1/2 tablet per 5g batch at 5 minutes or less before flameout and you’ll get clearer beer that won’t impact your carbonation. It, like most clarifying agents, are natural not chemical distillates.

Where do you live? If you live in the northern climates and have a garage, you have a natural fridge at your disposal.

Or do you have a picnic cooler? Put the carboy/pail in that and pack with ice. Like making ice cream.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]Where do you live? If you live in the northern climates and have a garage, you have a natural fridge at your disposal.

Or do you have a picnic cooler? Put the carboy/pail in that and pack with ice. Like making ice cream.[/quote]

I’m in new jersey. I don’t have a garage but I do have a empty bedroom I use for brewing. I block the vent off and my most recent brew has stayed perfectly at 60. I don’t know much about cold crashing, How cold would I need to get it for it to be effective?

[quote=“beerme11”][quote=“Nighthawk”]Where do you live? If you live in the northern climates and have a garage, you have a natural fridge at your disposal.

Or do you have a picnic cooler? Put the carboy/pail in that and pack with ice. Like making ice cream.[/quote]

I’m in new jersey. I don’t have a garage but I do have a empty bedroom I use for brewing. I block the vent off and my most recent brew has stayed perfectly at 60. I don’t know much about cold crashing, How cold would I need to get it for it to be effective?[/quote]
Ideally, freezing temperature, 32*F, is what you want. Getting below the yeast’s temperature range will cause them to start dropping out faster, though.