Yeast slurry at the bottom of the bottle

So, do you drink it? I do. After I’ve poured my clear beer, I swish it around and down it. I read that it is full of B vitamins.

I do. I like it. Farting feels great too.

LOL, I know. Since I started drinking it, my gas content has gone way up. My wife and kids didn’t think that was possible.

I do the same (at least when I bottled) and for those years, I never got bitten by a mosquito. They did not like to go near the Vitamin B that I had built up.

After you drink enough, your stomach gets used to it and your gas will go back to normal… at least that’s what happened to me. Thank goodness.

I hate the crap and avoid it at all costs.

You people are gross. I spend all this time and energy to craft something to savor. I’m sure as hell not going to kick back a shooter of nastiness after I pour one of my babies into a glass.

The exception is weizens - then I give the bottle a hard roll on the counter and proceed to fail miserably at drawing a design in the foam with the yeast residue. :frowning:

You know there are other ways to get B vitamins right?

Yes, but not as fun!

Thank Goodness??? Dude, I treasure the moments I can launch an air biscuit. Especially around my co-workers.

[quote=“catswilleatyou”]After you drink enough, your stomach gets used to it and your gas will go back to normal… at least that’s what happened to me.[/quote]And you need to taper off on the yeast, don’t just go cold-turkey or get ready for some spectacular blockage. Or so I’ve heard… :wink:

I only do with dunkelwiezens, wiezenbocks, and other dark wheats that I enjoy. otherwise, I’m like the old stoner ( :lol: ): avoid at all costs. you can always recap right away and build up starters if you didn’t save the slurry from your carboy or bucket. I just picked up a Westmalle Dubbel today. I’m gonna brew a Trippel with it.

Thank Goodness??? Dude, I treasure the moments I can launch an air biscuit. Especially around my co-workers.[/quote]
a can of Hormel & 1 pickled egg and I can clear out a room of steel workers or pipe welders. 8)

how much do yall have in the bottom of your bottles?

seems like i only have a few drops …maybe less than a half oz of the stuff

[quote=“catswilleatyou”]how much do yall have in the bottom of your bottles?

seems like i only have a few drops …maybe less than a half oz of the stuff[/quote]
Just a thin ring.

[quote=“catswilleatyou”]how much do yall have in the bottom of your bottles?

seems like i only have a few drops …maybe less than a half oz of the stuff[/quote]

I have a small amount, probably a bit more than that, but I stop pouring as soon as I see the slurry headed for the opening. Do you filter? If so, you’ll have much less.

[quote=“paultuttle”][quote=“catswilleatyou”]how much do yall have in the bottom of your bottles?

I have a small amount, probably a bit more than that, but I stop pouring as soon as I see the slurry headed for the opening. Do you filter? If so, you’ll have much less.[/quote]

I pour my wort through a straining bag into the primary. I usually use a secondary also.
Ends up being pretty clean most of the time.

Brings up a new topic. Does anyone else use a straining bag? Am I losing anything by doing so? I’ve just always done it.

[quote=“catswilleatyou”]

Brings up a new topic. Does anyone else use a straining bag? Am I losing anything by doing so? I’ve just always done it.[/quote]

I don’t use a straining bag, but I do use a funnel with the screen. Probably works out the same.

In Belgium, I ordered a Hopus and they me the dregs in a shot glass. I thought to myself, why would I want to drink this? I wouldn’t chug a starter!

So, did you drink it?