Yeast Situation

OK I am supposed to brew tomorrow with a buddy. We’re brewing two beers(one will be around 1.060 the other around 1.050) and I’d like to know if my yeast will work.

I brewed an IPA with Wyeast American Ale Yeast a while back and when I bottle two weeks ago I drained the full cake into two quart sized Ball Jars(sanitized obviously) The IPA was 1.060 SG. Its been in the fridge for that full two weeks, but I didn’t wash it. Just dumped it in there. Will that be enough yeast for two beers?

I’d love to hear some thoughts. Thanks guys.

[quote=“Adam20”]OK I am supposed to brew tomorrow with a buddy. We’re brewing two beers(one will be around 1.060 the other around 1.050) and I’d like to know if my yeast will work.

I brewed an IPA with Wyeast American Ale Yeast a while back and when I bottle two weeks ago I drained the full cake into two quart sized Ball Jars(sanitized obviously) The IPA was 1.060 SG. Its been in the fridge for that full two weeks, but I didn’t wash it. Just dumped it in there. Will that be enough yeast for two beers?

I’d love to hear some thoughts. Thanks guys.[/quote]
You’ll be fine with that much yeast.

Yup, you are fine. Dump one jar in each batch. Might be a little more that you need actually.