Yeast Quantity / MrMalty Calculator

Brix times by 4 equals Specific gravity… Just a simple rule of thumb… Again, I will be simple… beer should taste like beer… My, if it burns your tongue… I could tell you I won’t be over… Not trying to be harsh or dis you… Sneezles61

Bahaha, no worries. It was just the mixture of the pure peppers that haven’t been mixed with anything. It was only 15 peppers in total thats going into 5 gallons of beer. The recipe that I found just as a guideline was calling for 20-30 and I thought that was just way too much.

@sneezles61
@porkchop

…I did something bad lol. This amber beer is HOT. Great taste, the more you sip (if you can deal with it) the less the heat affects you and the more you get a chocolate coating. I LOVE the idea of how complex it is, but the heatness needs a dial back.

I already purchased another block party amber kit and am going to go by the bible with that one, and mix the two. The liquid magma one is keg’d and purged of as much o2 as possible so it’ll last a while. Currently cold crashing it. By the time the other one is ready to be keg’d/bottled, I think the heat will be diluted enough where the flavor profile is pretty great. Definitely don’t regret making it.

1 Like

You have to brew what you desire… Thats bottom line, well, unless the other half demands something different! Sneezles61

1 Like

Have you tried stone’s crime and punishment? Your insides won’t be right for a week. By the end of the bottle, I hated that I loved the beer.

Only thing I have to add is to blend in the glass. The peppers will fade, but probably not quickly enough. If you keg both of these, just blend them to taste in your glass. Or heck, if you bottle one, find the perfect ratio for blending to what you like. Blending doesn’t get enough credit!

2 Likes

Yes Pork Chop, you have a very valid point… You don’t always brew what you think you wanted to brew. So then the thing to do is blend… I’m sure thats how the sour side of brews is an acclimated sort to behold! Sneezles61