Yeast activity question

I have a “Black IPA” in 5 gallon that has been triple checked for a good seal. The yeast went crazy for about 2-3 days, but now there is no activity in the bubbler. Is this normal? It is stored at 70 degrees. Wort was 75 when I pitched the yeast.
I’m used to some activity for at least a week. I plan to dry hop in a secondary. Is there something that could be done? I will be pulling a sample for the hydrometer, but wanted to see about other people’s experience.

[quote=“ND-CCA”]I have a “Black IPA” in 5 gallon that has been triple checked for a good seal. The yeast went crazy for about 2-3 days, but now there is no activity in the bubbler. Is this normal? It is stored at 70 degrees. Wort was 75 when I pitched the yeast.
I’m used to some activity for at least a week. I plan to dry hop in a secondary. Is there something that could be done? I will be pulling a sample for the hydrometer, but wanted to see about other people’s experience.[/quote]

Shoot for <70 for pitch temps, but otherwise you seem fine; you made beer. Airlock activity, or the lack thereof, is not a perfect indicator of fermentation. I recommend letting beer sit in primary for 14 days, at least.

You wrote that your beer is stored at 70°. Is that the ambient room temperature or was this your wort temperature during fermentation?

This is the ambient temperature in my utility room in my basement.

That’s really warm. Good for active yeast, not for good beer. Low and slow is better, like good BBQ.

You might check out swamp coolers, a tub with water and maybe ice. Your carboy or bucket goes inside.

Nighthawk has some ideas for temp control in his signature.