Xtreme 70 Qt. Cooler $25

For those with a Menard’s in their area these are on sale till April 6th. I’m thinking of replacing my 48 Qt. Cube with one.

Mike

[quote=“mbg”]For those with a Menard’s in their area these are on sale till April 6th. I’m thinking of replacing my 48 Qt. Cube with one.

Mike[/quote]
I saw that in the ad today. I some other stuff I need to pick up…

That’s a good price.

Sure is. I didn’t really need a new cooler, but I bought one today. I have a 36 qt that’s fine for most of my brews, but it will be nice to brew my next big beer and not have to mash super thick.

I like Menards. Just wish they were near where I live.

I agree, wish they would expand to the east coast.

I just ordered one for store pick up. My 52 qt Extreme has a deformed bottom in its so I’m going to retire it to the campground.

I’m blocked at work right now but if interested there is a good write up on tun mod for this cooler if you google “lustreking bewing mash tun xtreme”

Mike

[quote=“mbg”]I’m blocked at work right now but if interested there is a good write up on tun mod for this cooler if you google “lustreking bewing mash tun xtreme”

Mike[/quote]

It’s blocked because the file contains a virus. (At least that’s what my anti-virus software says)

[quote=“fightdman”][quote=“mbg”]I’m blocked at work right now but if interested there is a good write up on tun mod for this cooler if you google “lustreking bewing mash tun xtreme”

Mike[/quote]

It’s blocked because the file contains a virus. (At least that’s what my anti-virus software says)[/quote]

Sorry about that - my Norton didn’t alarm me.

Did the mods this morning. The ball valve handle hits the cooler but the valve doesn’t flow till the handle is about 1/2" from the wall - if it becomes a problem I can bend or shorten the handle. As long as I was at it I made a twin for a new brewer at work:

Mike

mbg, my mash tun handle hit the side too but it is easy to remove a little from the length if you have a grinder and a cutting wheel. nice work you’re ready for some big batches with that cooler.

Could this cooler settle the age old debate of red vs blue? Report back on your efficiency ASAP! :cheers:

Could this cooler settle the age old debate of red vs blue? Report back on your efficiency ASAP! :cheers: [/quote]

Not at all - this one is silver :mrgreen: .

Mike

And white has been definitively established as the most efficient mash tun in the universe - though space exploration needs something to look for!

:cheers:

I will not help John Menard make a profit on my decision to purchase. Consider: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2003/1006/048_print.html