Wyeast package won't "puff"

The 50° is on the fermometer on the side of the carboy, so I assume that the temp inside is very close. The fridge is about as high temp as it’ll go. It’s a new fridge, so I haven’t had a chance to try to get a temp regulator or anything.

Pardon my ignorance on lagers, this is my first. Will it continue to ferment as long as the krausen sits on the top? How do I know when to move it to secondary?

I just did a lager and had it on “primary” for over 6 weeks, then straight to the keg for long lagering (and occasional sampling!). If you aren’t a kegger I’d wait until the surface is almost completely clear and your gravity reading indicates terminal gravity. Then transfer and reduce the temp a few degrees each day 'til you’re in the high 30’s for a month or two…

By taking a gravity reading. I would’t worry about that for 3-4 weeks.

I had the same issue with the Belgian Abbey for my Dubbel. Didn’t inflate over the course of two days, so i just pitched it to a starter and crossed my fingers. In the meantime i saw on their website that it is slow to start but once it gets going its nuts.

Pitched the starter after 18 hours and less then 24 hours later my airlock was clogged and pushing up so I needed a blowoff.

Starters are great like that.