Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Wyeast 1768

I am out of the production cycle for this yeast strain. I would like to brew the English Summer Ale kit from NB. The Wyeast site mentioned that their 1968 strain is similar. Anyone have experience with either one.

Thanks.

I couldn’t find the kit you’d mentioned. I’ve used both. The 1768 this fall, my first time using it.

I’ll say I love 1968 using English malt and hops. Mostly with Challenger and EKG.

For the 1768 I used the same English malts. This time with Target, Northdown and Challenger. I believe the Northdown gave it a resiny taste that I might reduce a little the next time. Overall I still very much enjoy this beer as well.
Target .50 ounce @ 60 min
Northdown .50 ounce at 30 min
Challenger 1.0 ounce at 20 min

WY1968 is a year round yeast for a reason ( It’s Awesome). You might also try WY1469 another great yeast. :cheers:

That looks like a tasty beer, I may have to brew that up this summer.

I’ve used both. I really liked the 1768, but it will flocc out if you look at it wrong. I don’t recall exactly what the flavor profile for this yeast was other than it was similar to 1968. WY1968 is outstanding, I wouldn’t hesitate to use it for the Summer Bitter.

J

Looks like I’m going for the 1968! Thank you all.

Waszup,

It’s one of thieir limited edition kits. Found it in the documentation part of NB site.

:cheers:

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com