Wy 3711 attenuation?

I just brewed the all grain version of NB petite saison d’ete. I boiled off a bit too much and ended up with 4.5 gallons of 1.047 wort, recipie called for 1.041. I just checked the gravity after only 8 days in the fementer and it’s 1.001!! I used wyeast 3711 and a 1.25 liter starter. I pitched at about 65 degrees and let the fermentation rise to the high 70’s as is recommended with the style. It kicked off within 3 hours and apparently finished very quickly. The sample tasted pretty good with the expected yeast character. My mash was a bit cool (mid 140’s) as my 10 gallon mash tun was a bit large for the “petite” grain bill. Would this be enough to account for this huge attenuation? I’ve never had a 97% attenuation. Should I be concerned or excited? I was planning on using the yeast cake from this batch for a stronger fall saison up around 1.080. Can anyone think of any problem with this? Again, the sample tasted good, I just want to be sure as I’ve never seen attenuation so high…

It’s a good strain. Your low mash probably is the reason for such attenuation.

That’s normal for 3711, no worries.

3711 is a killer yeast that works excellent in the mid 60’s. It doesn’t need the higher temps to work through the sugars.

Apparently the higher temps don’t hurt though!! Thanks for the replies gents…