WTD: Dorm-sized fridge suggestions

What would be uninsulated, save for possibly the gap where the 2 seals meet, ( which could possibly reduced to 1 seal thickness)?

If only 1 seal thickness, then it would be the same as the uninsulated space on 1 refrigerator.

[quote=harpdog]I like when my lame thoughts are given the possibility of being OK. I imagine a space just big enough for a fermenter and maybe a keg - or two kegs…I wonder what the ramifications of the extra (probably uninsulated) space would be?
[/quote]

The extra space will cause the compressor to run harder / longer. Take the time to insulate amd seal the extention and you should be able to add 15 to 20% to the volume of the cooler without over running (see also killing) the compressor. As a fermentaion chamber this should work well as the door will be kept closed most of the time reducing the load. Maybe add pink foam in the cavity to help if space alowes. also make sure that the back has plenty of space to remove the heat from the condenser. Cheers.

you could build a shelf the height of the hump in the dorm frig and then be able to place your bucket on the shelf and hump. This should work as long as there is head room for the bucket to fit without hitting the top of the frig.

[quote=“unknowledged brewer”][quote=harpdog]I like when my lame thoughts are given the possibility of being OK. I imagine a space just big enough for a fermenter and maybe a keg - or two kegs…I wonder what the ramifications of the extra (probably uninsulated) space would be?
[/quote]

The extra space will cause the compressor to run harder / longer. Take the time to insulate amd seal the extention and you should be able to add 15 to 20% to the volume of the cooler without over running (see also killing) the compressor. As a fermentaion chamber this should work well as the door will be kept closed most of the time reducing the load. Maybe add pink foam in the cavity to help if space alowes. also make sure that the back has plenty of space to remove the heat from the condenser. Cheers.[/quote]

OOPS!!!..I didn’t look at the picture well enough!
I thought it was TWO fridges, front to front!!!

^^^^^^^…What he said on the insulation and precautions…Or snag another fridge… :lol: