Would this work

I came up way short on the OG of a 2.5 gallon IPA i brewed last night. Im looking at a 1.050 beer with 62 Ibus if i dont do anything. Ive been thinking all day what i can do to fix it.

I came up with adding 2.5 gallons of hopless 1.050 extract wort while fermentation is taking place. According to what ive come up with it should turn galaxy IPA into i really nice pale ale.

When would the best time to do this?

boil a Lb of DME in 32oz of water and add to the fermenter.

Resulting in 2.75 gallons at 1.065

[quote=“gregscsu”]boil a Lb of DME in 32oz of water and add to the fermenter.

Resulting in 2.75 gallons at 1.065[/quote]

Seconded.

Be sure to chill it to pitching temperature and aerate it before adding it!

What would be the best time to add it?

Anyone? Fermentation is strong right now would it be best to add now or after initial activity dies down

Add it now, it would be best to add complex sugars from the DME at high krausen.

Good advice above.

But it leaves the real question unanswered; why were you so low? That is what I’d be thinking about now.

[quote=“inhousebrew”]Good advice above.

But it leaves the real question unanswered; why were you so low? That is what I’d be thinking about now.[/quote]

For sure thats what im most concerned about. I have another post in all grain looking for things to look into as a cause for the problem

I ended up taking your advice and keeping it an IPA. the yeast seem to really be enjoying the extra snack