WLP940 Mexican Lager

I really like corn in a brew, I’ve done pre-prohibition lagers and cream ales with a fair amount of corn. You got me thinking though about conversion and I did a Diastatic Power work up on this and I’m fine. 78.9 Lintner. The Munich Malt an Marris Otter have a ton of diastatic power carrying the day.

1 Like

Tasted it tonight uncarbonated as I kegged it. I think it’s gonna be a winner. First use of Motueka hops and holy cow, they’re not kidding about the lime flavor.

2 Likes

When it’s ready… More details? Perhaps to some flamenco music? :beers:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Tapped it tonight. Very happy with this…good clarity, crisp, touch of lime. Would do nothing different. I’ll post a pic soon with appropriate glass, I poured the first few oz into a red solo cup to dump and stayed with that.

Ok, here is the promised pic of my Desperado Mexican lager…no Flamenco music but sticking with my theme of naming my beers after a song album or artist. This is my second batch of this and my wife and her friends like it as well as a colleague that won’t drink anything other than Busch Light…

4 Likes

Love that yeast and style. I make it about every 3 beers!

1 Like

Busch Light reference aside it looks great! Perfect name too! Similar recipe is on my calendar to use the 2206 slurry from a pils as soon as I keg it.

1 Like

I just went back to the AHA talk posted above… It appears those guys, “them”, really get down to the nitty gritty about which yeast is which…
Perhaps “they’ll” get it figured out so us relaxed brewers can think of other things… Not sure what…
There has to be “someone” out there thinking/testing the science-y side… or we’d still be collecting grain in a clay jar… just waiting for it to rain! :sunglasses: I’d say, its a good time to have a brew now.
Sneezles61