WLP380 Weizenbock didnt attenuate enough

I brewed a weizenbock with an OG of 1.072(was supposed to be 1.082)
I pitched a 3 liter starter which should have been enough for 1.082 so techinically I over pitched a tad. However, I heard a recommendation to under aerate to get more ester production from this yeast. So What I did was just dump the batch into the fermenter without shaking it. I normally shake it real well after the yeast is pitched. After the fermentation started it began to blow the airlock off so i changed to a blow off tube. After fermentation was completed I noticed an alarming amount of yeast that blew off into the small container of starsan.

My question is could my 70% attenuation from 1.072 to 1.023 be the cause of the amount of yeast i lost and/or the under areation? This yeast was supposed to attenuate to 80% as per the WLP380 statistics yet I only got 70% and that was using a mash of 150f!

Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Should I worry about overcarbonating during the bottle conditioning stage??

[quote=“jklamz”]I brewed a weizenbock with an OG of 1.072(was supposed to be 1.082)
I pitched a 3 liter starter which should have been enough for 1.082 so techinically I over pitched a tad. However, I heard a recommendation to under aerate to get more ester production from this yeast. So What I did was just dump the batch into the fermenter without shaking it. I normally shake it real well after the yeast is pitched. After the fermentation started it began to blow the airlock off so i changed to a blow off tube. After fermentation was completed I noticed an alarming amount of yeast that blew off into the small container of starsan.

My question is could my 70% attenuation from 1.072 to 1.023 be the cause of the amount of yeast i lost and/or the under areation? This yeast was supposed to attenuate to 80% as per the WLP380 statistics yet I only got 70% and that was using a mash of 150f!

Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Should I worry about overcarbonating during the bottle conditioning stage??[/quote]

This may help.

7.5lbs Wheat
1.5lbs Munich II
4lbs Pilsner
.5lb Special B
5.5oz Pale Chocolate
5.5oz Melonoiden

fermentation started at 64 and slowly rose to 70 by the end of the ferment. It’s still in the primary now.