Will this IPA recipe work?

I am usually a kit brewer but have some left over ingredients I am trying to use up. Will this IPA recipe work? I do have another ounce of Amarilo and Simco that I could add if needed.

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
1 lbs Caramalt (34.0 SRM) Grain 1 12.0 %
1 lbs DME Pilsen (Briess) (2.0 SRM) Dry Extract 2 12.0 %
6 lbs 4.8 oz Northern Brewer - Pilsen (2.2 SRM) Extract 3 75.9 %
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 4 50.7 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [5.75 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 5 7.4 IBUs
0.50 oz Cascade [5.75 %] - Boil 2.0 min Hop 6 0.9 IBUs
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml] Yeast 7 -
1.00 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] - Dry Hop 0.0 Days Hop 8 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Cascade [5.75 %] - Dry Hop -0.0 Days Hop 9 0.0 IBUs

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.053 SG Measured Original Gravity: 1.010 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.012 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.4 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.6 %
Bitterness: 58.9 IBUs Calories: 32.0 kcal/12oz
Est Color: 7.2 SRM

It will be more of a APA as opposed to IPA with the low gravity. It will be good whatever you call it, though.

I would grab some Warrior/Magnum (i’ve also had good results with Northern Brewers) for your 60 min addition and save the precious Simcoe for later. Otherwise looks good. Seems to be a lot of caramalt though. Maybe consider halfing that and increasing the base malts.

+1 on using Simcoe for later additions. And I would remove the caramalt entirely, plenty of body with all that extract.

Is it weird that you recipe has measured and actual readings before it is brewed?

I like the others suggestions on the hops.

[quote=“560sdl”]Is it weird that you recipe has measured and actual readings before it is brewed?
[/quote]Beersmith does that.

[quote=“Glug Master”][quote=“560sdl”]Is it weird that you recipe has measured and actual readings before it is brewed?
[/quote]Beersmith does that.[/quote]

Yea, I guess you are right. I never print that report from Beersmith, but it does throw in crazy low defaults for measured amounts.

I respectfully withdraw that question 8)

I would rather use pale malt instead of pilsner, gives more maltier character to the beer.