Wild yeast in fermenter?

My Porter finished fermenting in the primary fairly quickly (under 72 hours) which didn’t surprise me because I used a nice big starter. Then I transferred it to a secondary after 1 week. I know this was an unnecessary step but this is my first batch and I wanted to see what it looked/tasted like (I ferment in bucket).

After transferring to the secondary carboy it started to ferment again, but very slowly. Its been going like this for over a week now, a bubble every few minutes. Is this the result of wild yeast eating all the available carbohydrates or just the result of agitation during the transfer? Should I be worried?

Probably just caused by agitation during racking and CO2 gassing off. That’s where I’m placing my money but only time will tell.

The secondary is an often debated topic… try it both ways and do what works best for you.

I often find my beers clear quicker when I do a secondary, so I do them.

This is very common. As Loopie said, the act of racking agitates the beer some and pushes some CO2 out of solution. If your temperatures rise, that will drive CO2 out of solution as well. And the yeast really do continue to slowly work. All this is often more obvious in a carboy than a bucket because carboys seal better.

In the future, I would give your beer more time in the primary before racking, but don’t worry about it sounds like everything is fine.