Who's Your Biggest Fans?

My wife and I love my beer/cider/mead/wine. My father-in-law loves my beer and I make bigger batches at times to give him a 3 gallon keg. I’ve also got a buddy who takes 5 gallon kegs off my hands from time to time. Other than that, we usually have a couple of big parties every year (Superbowl and Oktoberfest). Those parties have gotten smaller in the past couple years after we had a baby… but I think they may get bigger again as she gets older.

It looks like we have much in common, friends and family first. It’s all good stuff. To tell you the truth, I can’t drink as much as I make and it pleases me to give it to those who appreciate it. And those who don’t: "No brew for you"

[quote=“Beersk”]
Aw man, that sucks, sorry about it! Life’s too short to be miserable, why are you putting up with all that?
I’m not going to quit brewing, although I’ve thought about it, how life would be simpler just to go to the store and get a six pack of whatever I’m feeling…
But I do like brewing, I get a sense of reward when I tap a beer and it’s delicious, even i no one wants to come over and try it when I tell them I’ve got a good beer on tap. I’m probably reading too much into it, I don’t know.
But I do think I’m stagnating; I’m brewing styles that I’m getting sick of. I plan to start brewing more German style beers using WY1007 for faster turn around than lager yeast…I just don’t have the patience for lagers. I’ve done one lager and I could barely let it lager for 4 weeks, I just couldn’t wait.[/quote]

Thanks for the support.
It is what it is. You do what you gotta do to support the family and provide the best for your kids. It has turned out pretty crappy in the social aspects here. So I will finish out my “sentence” and move when I am free to do so.
I’ve been raised in eastern Ma, with a very fluid population and few roots. Its easy there to meet people because everyone is simarly reaching out. My old neighborhood was a blast. Halloween, the holidays, Easter, the 4th. Always a block party or kids function going on. When I was home there, the door was open and my beer light was on in the window. Neighbors would walk in, pull a pint and watch the game or get a grill lit. Spontaneous tailgate and either myself or one other neighbor who brewed would provide the beer. Others would provide the food. it worked.
I cant get a neighbor here to say hi, except for the seasonal vacationers around me. When I first moved in, I’d be on a walk and see a couple of them out talking to each other. I’d stop to introduce myself and say hi. They’d say bye to each other instead and go inside their houses.

I hear you. For me, I love brewing and making all kinds of beers, but I find that I really only want to drink good lagers (Czech Pilsners, Bocks, Exports) and IPAs. All of our “friends” live in a town 20 minutes away. The guys I work with REALLY like my beers, but I’m not bottling as much anymore, and all they want are IPAs.

Totally.

Hey Barney, where do you live?

The Berkshire region of MA. Right near the NY border and north of mppatriots. Going west over that mountain range was like moving to another planet.

mppatriots? What is that? Are you around Pittsfield?

i dont care if im the only one that drinks it, ill keep brewing till i die. it is nice to have someone that appreciates a delisious quality fresh brew though.

Hey Barney, it can’t be that bad. At least everything is in the same language, and a 4 hour drive will get you home for a sanity check. I grew up in Eastern Mass too. I make it home once, maybe twice a year if I’m lucky. Believe me, I understand what it is like to move to a different culture. Though come to think about it, maybe it is harder for you; things are close enough that you’d think people would act the same too. Over here it is another world, and you get used to people responding differently.

Yeah, north of there. mppatriots is a poster here from Pittsfield.

Well, I do get home once in a while and thats always cool. Wow you moved to finland! That is a world away. Its not that bad here generally. Nice scenery and all. Good seasonal things to get outdoors to do. But the culture here is different, and the people are pretty closed. They have to be reminded yearly in the papers not to be so brutally rude to the tourists who are their bread and butter.