Who thinks their qualified to label anyone's brewing level?

They obviously do not know ANYTHING on subject of becoming master anything !! It is no different than trades ,electrical ,plumbing,pipe fitters, carpenter that’s just to name a few there’s far more than care to list. What they ALL have in common is individual works under master whatever for usually 5 yrs. at which point become eligible to take relative test, upon successfully completing, passing is now final hurdle, once ALL this has positive outcome, said individual is NOW qualified to carry title master electrician ,plumber,& yes brewer let me be first to congratulate all master brewers ( there are a suspicious number of you) ! In USA there are a few locations where this can take place for real, most in Germany Weihenstephaner outside munchen ,freising more accurately would be regarded as finest.one must speak fluent German,I suggest learning this while saving the € it’s going to cost to attend if can prove worked in brewery as apprentice! anything short of this comes from crackerjack box / or some gum ball machines!! That said I see no problem someone labeling oneself master brewer if beers awesome,NEVER EVER poured weekend down drain,or have someone spay beer from mouth after taste,worse bring from liquor store knowing what option is when invited over. Good thing medical field is not judged or certified like this.is all it takes is ask ? For said time to be master,or legitimate certificate on everyone’s wall?

If you’re referring to the labels that appear beneath each of our aliases, you’ve got it all wrong. These labels are just fun ways of indicating the number of posts a member has made on the forum. You’re correct, they are not a reflection of a person’s actual knowledge, experience or skill as a brewer. Although, I would hope if you’ve spent enough time on this forum to become a ‘Master Brewer’ that along the way you would’ve acquired a wealth of brewing knowledge.

You have an excellent point. I taught vocational education (IT) for years and we tried hard to get the students as much hands-on work and exposure to the people actually working in the field as possible. I admire Germany’s apprenticeship system and wish we had something similar. People did not evolve to sit in a classroom; we evolved to sit beside a master and be coached/kicked!

But, back to brewing: yes, the labels are just for fun and (hopefully) no one takes them seriously. I don’t remember what level of expertise I have on here, but I’ve dumped beer, and some who tried it sprayed my beer out their mouths (and their nose - that was funny to everyone except the guy who sprayed). My theory is that I learn from my mistakes, so I must be one smart, beer-brewing SOB!

Entertainment purposes only.

Aren’t all labels artificial in nature?

“You labeled me. I’ll label you. So I dub thee unforgiven.” - Metallica

Huh? :shock:

SIgh…

wow…

just wow…

Signed,
Full House Brew
AKA Master Brew - Man

then again, I guess it is better to be a Master Brewer than it is a Master Bate… 'eh never mind

[quote=“jd14t”]Aren’t all labels artificial in nature?

“You labeled me. I’ll label you. So I dub thee unforgiven.” - Metallica[/quote]
+1
and I think I just found a good name for my next beer.

I am incredibly adept at placing minnows and worms on fish hooks.

It could be said that I am truly a master… :oops:

[quote=“Grizz Talker”]I am incredibly adept at placing minnows and worms on fish hooks.

It could be said that I am truly a master… :oops: [/quote]

Grizz Talker or Bait Whisperer?

[quote=“dannyboy58”][quote=“Grizz Talker”]I am incredibly adept at placing minnows and worms on fish hooks.

It could be said that I am truly a master… :oops: [/quote]

Grizz Talker or Bait Whisperer?[/quote]

:cheers:

I am a level 692 brewer.
That is, 692 feet above sea level.
Nobody can argue with that.

If ever the phrase RDWHAHB applied…

[quote=“harpdog”]I am a level 692 brewer.
Nobody can argue with that.[/quote]

I’m an order of magnitude higher than you man, (6,900ft) :cheers:

When at my Colorado home it’s 4800 ft when at my Wyoming home it’s 8500 ft. Now let’s shoot for age!

[quote=“DVMKurmes”][quote=“harpdog”]I am a level 692 brewer.
Nobody can argue with that.[/quote]

I’m an order of magnitude higher than you man, (6,900ft) :cheers: [/quote]

I bow to your lofty qualification!

This has got to be spam.

I’m waiting for the response to come back hailing the great deals on kitchen cabinets and countertops.

Really.

I am not qualified to comment on your brewing skills; but I am qualified to comment on your inappropriate use of the word “their”.

I am qualified to do so