Who else admits to liking the buzz

I have to admit that I love brewing but I’m not sure I would do it if alcohol wasn’t involved. Sure the process is fun. Cool to be creative and see what you can make and enjoy.

Just seems like if it was non-alcoholic the fun would wear out soon. I like to make them big and enjoy the little glow after a few. Don’t usually get falling down drunk (although we all have had our moments) and never drive.

So who else wants to admit that you probably would never have gotten started brewing if it wasn’t for the alcohol at least in part.

1 Like

I might still do it… I enjoy cooking, canning, etc, even though that doesn’t produce a buzz. But yeah, I do enjoy my tipple. I can’t remember the last time I had a hangover, and I stick strictly to my feet and the bus when I do drink. I picked up a whisky habit over the past year or so, too, but I tend to tell judgy people I can’t afford to be the town drunk on highland single malts.

1 Like

I thought that was the point

3 Likes

I enjoy it…and also dont ever drive…but im not a public drinker :slight_smile:

Guilty as charged. :joy: I will say however that back when I started brewing, I went purely for maximum alcohol content when I was looking at what to brew. I have come to appreciate diversity of flavor since then and enjoy brewing all sorts of different styles and anymore, 2/3 of what I brew clocks in under 7%. That being said I do have an RIS and a Quad aging for Christmas.

:beers:
Rad

I’m an Islay single malt guy myself…yummm formaldehyde!!!

Hah… I spent years convinced I didn’t like Scotch, just because of the iodine/band aid taste. That’s like someone not liking beer because they don’t like hop-bombs.

Hell, yea! I’m in it for the alcohol, and love me a light buzz.

Here’s the thing though. If someone told me I had to give up alcohol or die; I’d probably give up alcohol.
If someone told me I had to give up coffee & caffiene or die; I’d probably die.

1 Like

Of course I’m in it for the alcohol. Now, I’m a “sophisticated” drinker because I make mostly session beers so I can enjoy them “more.” :joy:

1 Like

Yup your not the only one. I love making beer and I love drinking beer. If there was no alcohol I probably would not make beer. Which is weird because most nights I have a beer or two and don’t get buzzed but still very much enjoy them. But I do love a good buzz on fri or sat night.

1 Like

For sure if i did not drink beer i would not brew. Beer. Beer the nectar of the gods. If iam done diving for the day. Or playing music at concerts. Or brewing beer. A few beers make my day. But during brewing. Not so much beer. Once we done. We drink a few pints.

As Homer Simpson once said …“To alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

5 Likes

Its great to be able to let yer mind go wander around for a while, unchained! All day long I have peeps wanting my brain to help them with problems. Sneezles61

1 Like

Suger coat it how ever we want, the buzz is why we do what we do.

Being able to control it via abv, flavor, profile and style is what makes it craft. Alcohol has been around a long, long time.

I had to laugh when I let my wife know I would be brewing her a gluten free beer. she said “what if I don’t like it?” my reply "then i’ll drink it"lol. meaning it was beer none the less and wouldn’t go to waste.

oof… I had a four pack of gluten free beer in my fridge for a long time. It took a while to get through, but I did end up drinking it all… I don’t have too many drain pours, but there have been a few.

1 Like

shes a bona fide celiac sufferer.

there are some good kits out their but its about the same cost as buying the beer itself. trying to buy the millet malt is not like picking up a 55lb sack of 2 row

I drink beer purely for humanitarian and environmental reasons. Let me explain:

I consume beer so no matter if I buy it or make it, my money is supporting breweries and suppliers.
Breweries and suppliers buy grain, which supports farmers.
Farmers grow grain, which supports soil stability.
Without soil stability, erosion would decimate our land, leaving large dustbowls and a shortage of food.
With the environment in ruin, humanity would cease to exist and all would be meaningless.

So–
Beer drinking is ESSENTIAL to life as we know it. It is our duty to mankind.

And the buzz isn’t bad either.

8 Likes

well said. I never realized.

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes & dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, ‘It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.’ ” Jack Handy

4 Likes

The Buffalo Theory by Cliff Claven

Well ya see, Norm, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

4 Likes