White ring on my Belgium Tripel

Hello, I am a new brewer working on my second batch. I took on a Belgium Tripel as that is the style of beer I like. Anyway after moving the brew after primary to a sterilized carboy for secondary, this white ring appeared on the top of the brew on the second day. On the third day it shrank some what and has stayed the same 3 days later. Should I be worried? See pics.

Sorry to nitpick, but Mattnaik will appreciate this, its a “Belgian Tripel”. Belgium is the country, that would be like saying I like “Germany Pilsner”.

Looks like CO2 coming out of the beer and some nucleation sites on the surface. I’d venture to guess you’re all good. google image search “pellicle” and see what something to be worried about really looks like. :mrgreen:

good luck with the trip, it should have enough alcohol to ward of the nasties. Give it some time in the bottles and enjoy :cheers:

I’d be concerned that aliens are visiting your brew house and stealing your beer.

That, or what Pietro said.

Haha, I came in here to comment and saw this :slight_smile:

Your beer looks fine. These bubbles or “floaties” (techincal term) are standard as the beer starts to degas and your yeast has dropped.

Looks normal to me. No worries. Leave it like that for a few more days, then see how close you came to desired final gravity, then wait a few more days, check gravity again, and if stable, you can bottle or keg.

Who in their right mind worries about beer? :wink:

I worry I will run out. Hey Z man mattnaic reprimanded me about the Belgium/ Belgian thing also.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I took a peek at the carboy this morning to see how my “Belgian” is doing, the white stuff is going away, the yeast is settling out, and the clearer beer on top is a beautiful dark caramel color. I can’t wait to drink this, but in the meantime I’ll wrap it in aluminum foil to hide it from the Aliens!

I loves Belgiums.

“Book 'im, Beavis. huh huh huh huh”

I tend to cringe a bit when people call them Belgium beers as well.

I didn’t know home brewers were so uptight. I thought just continentals worried about stuff like that. No one cringes when asking for an America beer, do they. :smiley:

To sorta quote a guy who probably drank his share of ale:

A good beer, by any other name, would still taste good.

And as my old pal Chumley would say:

I don’t care what you call me, just call me when dinner’s ready!

Cheers,

Ron

[quote=“Frenchie”]To sorta quote a guy who probably drank his share of ale:

A good beer, by any other name, would still taste good.

And as my old pal Chumley would say:

I don’t care what you call me, just call me when dinner’s ready!

Cheers,

Ron[/quote]
Haven’t seen Chumley around lately, he still posting here or has he estranged?

Haven’t seen Chumley around lately, he still posting here or has he estranged?[/quote]

Sorry for the vague reference, Beersk. I was just referring to one of my old high school friends. Didn’t know there was a Chumley here.

Cheers,

Ron