White labs recommendation

Wanting to brew a double batch of the Innkeeper this weekend. My buddy will ferment half with Wyeast 1469. What White Labs equivalent would you guys recommend?
Would WLP07 be appropriate?

[quote=“dsidab81”]Wanting to brew a double batch of the Innkeeper this weekend. My buddy will ferment half with Wyeast 1469. What White Labs equivalent would you guys recommend?
Would WLP07 be appropriate?[/quote]

I don’t know what style of beer Innkeeper is, but 007 is a good yeast although I doubt it’s equivalent to 1469.

Keep us posted on whatever you use, please? I love the Innkeeper, but I’ve never used anything but 1469 for it. Have a batch of slurry warming up right now for this weekends brew, actually.

Will do. I see several English equivalents with 007 attenuating higher.
Likely my buddy will do his half with 1469.

WLP007 is a monster attenuator - when I use it in beers that need to have some body to them, I mash higher and/or add more crystal. (It’ll rip through 15% crystal in a 1.070 beer and leave it in the single digits if mashed low.)

Perhaps I should give 002 a shot. I’ve read that it attenuates low, but in no way do I want a bitter to finish in single digits!!
Shadetree, what styles have you used 007? Any particular favorite for it?

I use 007 in all American Ales, and keep 1272 and US-05 on hand as well.

007 is the only yeast I’ll use in British IPA.

Well, I guess an update is in order. My buddy picked up the yeast before I mentioned the swap to White Labs for one…so as of now we’ve got 11 gallons (split) with 1469. :cheers:

Comparision will have to wait!

Thanks everyone on the input to 007, i think that would’ve been totally inappropriate for this beer.