White Labs - New Packaging - Fall 2014

I’m a little surprised nobody has posted this: http://www.whitelabs.com/homebrewernews

What do you think?

I’m neutral about this. The only downside I can see is that we won’t have vials to reuse.

A change I would like: label packages with the package date, rather than the expiration date which is pretty meaningless. Sure, you can subtract 4 months from the expiration date, but why not just provide a meaningful date on the package.

At the very least it will save White Labs shipping costs. I’m assuming these are way lighter than the tubes; possibly also cheaper to produce. I’m sure the quality will be the same.

It might make yeast alittle cheaper too. I’m sure that the new packing cost a lot less compared to the vials. Not that yeast is expensive but penny pinching here and there adds up

Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight. It might.

No price change according to the info on the site.

If you are looking to save money on yeast there are a few ways to do that.
[list=A]

• Harvest yeast from a finished batch of beer after racking. [/]
  • If you ferment in a bucket and use a top cropping strain, you can harvest from the krausen. [/]
  • You can propagate using a starter and split the finished starter into separate containers that will be used in future starters[/*]