White Labs equivalent of Denny's fave50?

Does anybody know what the equivalent would be? My LHBS doesnt carry wyeast and I want to brew a nice clean American Ale this weekend.

I dont beleive there is a White Labs equivelant to WY1450. I think it is exclusive to Wyeast. I am sure Denny will have a definate answer.

If you are limited to whitelabs or dry yeast I would use.
WLP001 or US-05

Ok thanks. Us-05 it is then.

As far as I know, there is no Whitelabs equivalent. I only gave the yeast to Wyeast, so White would have to acquire it elsewhere.

Ok thanks Denny.

Hmm…I wasn’t aware that you actually provided the culture. I assumed it came from someone formerly with Brewtek. If you don’t mind my asking, why no White? Do you have some kind of exclusivity with Wyeast?

Hmm…I wasn’t aware that you actually provided the culture. I assumed it came from someone formerly with Brewtek. If you don’t mind my asking, why no White? Do you have some kind of exclusivity with Wyeast?[/quote]

Nope. I know Dave Logsden, who owned Wyeast at the time. I asked him if they were interested and once there was no other commercial source, he said he was. I gave him the culture I had. It’s just that simple.

Hmm…I wasn’t aware that you actually provided the culture. I assumed it came from someone formerly with Brewtek. If you don’t mind my asking, why no White? Do you have some kind of exclusivity with Wyeast?[/quote]

Nope. I know Dave Logsden, who owned Wyeast at the time. I asked him if they were interested and once there was no other commercial source, he said he was. I gave him the culture I had. It’s just that simple.[/quote]

Gotcha. I imagine there are some other geeks out there who must have their own cultures, but it’s pretty neat to consider that you were one of a very few to possess a strain that was that close to disappearing from the marketplace.

I’ve only every used it for your RIPA recipe (which I’ve also made with 1272/WLP51), and I sure like the results!
:cheers:
Now that my local source appears to be dried up, I’ll have to think about trying to bank it next time I get some. I don’t mind spending money on ingredients, but it really irks me to pay more for shipping than for the product itself :frowning: .