White Labs 802?

I am making my first all-grain pilsner (BIAB) and had planned on using the Wyeast Urquell yeast. Unfortunately, NB was out, and so I went with White Labs 802 (Czech Budejovice). Has anyone ever used this yeast and, if so, what has been your experience with it? I love Pilsner Urquell and had hoped to use their yeast, but I am assuming that the 802 (and probably every other Czech lager yeast) is pretty similar. Thanks much!

brewraider
“I am making my first all-grain pilsner (BIAB) and had planned on using the Wyeast Urquell yeast. Unfortunately, NB was out, and so I went with White Labs 802 (Czech Budejovice). Has anyone ever used this yeast and, if so, what has been your experience with it? I love Pilsner Urquell and had hoped to use their yeast, but I am assuming that the 802 (and probably every other Czech lager yeast) is pretty similar. Thanks much!”

It’s been a really long time since I used 802 and I’m a bit fuzzy on details, but I do remember being happy with the results.

Being “fuzzy”, does that mean it WAS a great brew? :smile: Sneezles61

sneezles61
“Being “fuzzy”, does that mean it WAS a great brew? :smile:” Sneezles61

The memory’s fuzzy, but the brew was pretty good.
I would have remembered a bad brew more vividly than a good one as the bad ones are fairly rare (knock on wood).

1 Like