White IPA?

[quote=“Cheshire_Cat”]Deschutes makes the Conflux #2 which is white IPA. It is quite good.

As for CDA, yes maybe it’s a fad but what’s up with the hostility?? If you don’t like it (which I know many don’t) you don’t have to drink it. Personally I love it (particularly Deschutes Hop in the Dark and Victory’s Yakima Glory). Drink what you want to drink/brew and I will drink/brew what I want too. Isn’t that why we all love this hobby.[/quote]
I agree man, I love black IPA too, just think CDA is an insanely silly and unnecessary name. Greg Koch put it succinctly in an interview about it saying something like, “Black IPA, you know exactly what that means when you hear it, Cascadian Dark Ale, Noonian IPA, etc, you don’t know exactly what those mean when you hear them”.
Watch out for those Cross Dressing Amateurs…they’ll get ya.

i must say ive enjoyed all the BIPA’s ive had so far … Denny I can def see your point in the refinement of the “style”… I notice it in the “blend” of the flavors as they come in stages.
Case in point a well rounded beer has a front, middle and end and they blend seamlessly. However this hasnt been the case with the BIPA’s ive tried. Still they are durn tasty to me.

Maybe its a byproduct of brewers learning how to refine the style more??

On the Saranac … Im not a fan of anything they brew. Its not a clean well refined bunch of beers to me but thats my opinion to each his own.

This Wheaten Beatdown im brewing smells absolutely fantastic and im looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Time will tell as its still working its primary fermentation after 11days

See, for me it’s the opposite…I have yet to find a version that I think integrates the dark malt and high hopping well.

CDA= Cross Dressing Amateur[/quote]

hahahah, cross dressing amateur

now i would come back and say “try the bad santa from Pelican with fuggles” but given the style “CDA” and the hops “fuggles” i have a funny feeling you might not like it.
:lol:
i suppose we’ll have to agree to disagree :cheers:

See, for me it’s the opposite…I have yet to find a version that I think integrates the dark malt and high hopping well.

CDA= Cross Dressing Amateur[/quote]

hahahah, cross dressing amateur

now i would come back and say “try the bad santa from Pelican with fuggles” but given the style “CDA” and the hops “fuggles” i have a funny feeling you might not like it.
:lol:
i suppose we’ll have to agree to disagree :cheers: [/quote]

Being a Pelican beer, there’s a good chance I’d at least try it. I’d like to find something that changed my mind about both CDAs and Fuggles. But I ain’t holdin’ my breath!

I for one like the CBA/Black IPA/IBA style but am not as in love with it as my brewing partners who have made three in a row pretty much and show no sign of wanting to stop.

That said, they did Norther Brewer’s Black IPA which I thought was good and Northern Brewer’s Lakefront’s IBA which I thought was great!